Will my TB spacer work with new ported TB?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Dario

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Ok so as of now (amongst other mods) I have a billet throttle body spacer on my truck with the stock throttle body. I'm looking into getting a ported and bored throttle body from R.V.Morse and they say it is ported to 75mm. So my question is, will I be able to used the TB spacer that I have with that throttle body since it is going to be bored to a larger than stock diameter?

iamdub

Full Access Member
Reaction score
It'll still "fit". But instead of just being a waste of time and money, it could now actually hurt the flow since it's smaller than the TB and the air going through there will be disrupted by the lip. You'll have a lip and choke-down anyway if you don't port the intake manifold opening to the same diameter as the TB.

OP
OP
D

Dario

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Ok thanks for the info!

It'll still "fit". But instead of just being a waste of time and money, it could now actually hurt the flow since it's smaller than the TB and the air going through there will be disrupted by the lip. You'll have a lip and choke-down anyway if you don't port the intake manifold opening to the same diameter as the TB.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mitchievu