Wife's 2000 Tahoe Limited

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

2000limitedhoe

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Hey guys, I bought this Limited for my wife on 1-13-2012. I bought it with a possible blown head gasket for $1500.00 (Good Deal?). I've spend around $900.00 to get parts to fix engine, cd player install kit, amp, wiring kit, sub, box, and 4 6 1/2 door speakers, and this does include all the fufu stuff my wife wanted for it. It has 170,000 something miles on it. I'll post pics of the hoe and and the process of the head replacement because they were cracked. It still needs new tires. and I just ordered a HID kit for it.

picture.jpg
This is the engine when I tore into it. After taking heads off, I found both were cracked due to overheating.
picture.jpg
Engine when putting it back together. Rebuilt heads and new water pump
picture.jpg
Engine with intake on it, buttoning everything back up.
picture.jpg
With the hoe on ramps hooking up the exhaust.
picture.jpg

Last edited:

07Burb

GM fan for life
Staff member
Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I still think you got a decent deal on it. When you buy an older vehicle for that price (no matter what it is) you know you're going to have to sink some money into it to get it right so that's just part of the deal. Once you get it going again your Limited will be worth $6k or more (due to mileage). What kind of shape is the interior in?

OP
OP
2000limitedhoe

2000limitedhoe

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I still think you got a decent deal on it. When you buy an older vehicle for that price (no matter what it is) you know you're going to have to sink some money into it to get it right so that's just part of the deal. Once you get it going again your Limited will be worth $6k or more (due to mileage). What kind of shape is the interior in?

The interior is in great shape, other then the normal drivers seat tear, and a hole in the passenger seat.

Tricky

Full Access Member
Reaction score
My Tahoe Limited seats are all good except drivers seat as well and bad arm rest. Gonna call The Seat Shop tomorrow to get price on new cover for the Limited, it does not show it online, but will let you know. Great work on motor also, I still have 40k miles left on my warranty and orignal motor still going strong with 197k on it now

AtomicHoe094

Atomichoe094
Reaction score
Im currently making some seat covers for a few tahoe limiteds in the shop.. if you guys need a cover, let me know how much they want and ill try to beat it..

Tricky

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Okay will definitely check price by Tuesday. Getting tired of looking at that drivers seat.

Sent from my iPhone 4s using Tapatalk.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Richie255