Wife surprised me with some swaybars for Christmas

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Tonyrodz

Resident Resident
Reaction score
I don't recall if it was Recaros, but one of those popular big-name seat brands makes very OEM-ish seats. I know Recaro is OEM for a handful of cars, too.

Honestly, they'd probably be too firm for our vehicles and especially for long drives.

Might do better retrofitting factory sport car seats. I had leather G8 GT seats in my Xtreme. Pretty comfy and had decent bolsters- a lot more than what these have. Maybe some from an STS-V or CTS-V?
Back in the day the Lumina with the police package came with factory Recaro seats. Said "RECARO" right across the front of the seat.012.jpg

iamdub

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Back in the day the Lumina with the police package came with factory Recaro seats. Said "RECARO" right across the front of the seat.View attachment 388664

Cool! I didn't know there was a police Lumina. Them Recaros look "almost there". Still need more bolstering.

I think having an upholstery shop mod the stock truck seats for larger bolsters would be cool. Add some foam and have the side panels replaced with larger pieces to fit would do it. It might even be cheaper than aftermarket seats.

Tonyrodz

Resident Resident
Reaction score
Cool! I didn't know there was a police Lumina. Them Recaros look "almost there". Still need more bolstering.

I think having an upholstery shop mod the stock truck seats for larger bolsters would be cool. Add some foam and have the side panels replaced with larger pieces to fit would do it. It might even be cheaper than aftermarket seats.
Like dis yo--P8010263.jpg

Doubeleive

Wes
Supporting Member
Reaction score
How ya doin down there Wes? Looks like that last storm hit your area pretty hard, I was thinking about you when I saw the news this morning. Hope you’re feeling better too.
we survived here locally without any power outage or anything, everyone around us lost power though even the big shopping center 2 blocks away. had to go rescue my homeless brother in law he got flooded out and had the flu to boot.
the storm kind of kicked it up a notch before it finally passed over my yukon felt like it was a roller coaster just parked on the side of the road, funny though dash cam doesn't show anything moving but my seat felt like I was getting bumped all over.
I am feeling a bit better they have had me on Tamiflu and apparently that stuff makes you feel like crap but I am done taking it, my unknown cough seems to be subsiding slightly I have a appt tomorrow so I might find out more
we have more storms coming this week I was able to get the backyard cleaned up a bit yesterday there are tree limbs and stuff everywhere, fences down, still some flooded roads here and there.
need to probably check and start the generator up and let it run a few minutes just in case it's needed

Rocket Man

Mark
Supporting Member
Reaction score
we survived here locally without any power outage or anything, everyone around us lost power though even the big shopping center 2 blocks away. had to go rescue my homeless brother in law he got flooded out and had the flu to boot.
the storm kind of kicked it up a notch before it finally passed over my yukon felt like it was a roller coaster just parked on the side of the road, funny though dash cam doesn't show anything moving but my seat felt like I was getting bumped all over.
I am feeling a bit better they have had me on Tamiflu and apparently that stuff makes you feel like crap but I am done taking it, my unknown cough seems to be subsiding slightly I have a appt tomorrow so I might find out more
we have more storms coming this week I was able to get the backyard cleaned up a bit yesterday there are tree limbs and stuff everywhere, fences down, still some flooded roads here and there.
need to probably check and start the generator up and let it run a few minutes just in case it's needed
We didn’t get hit with that last one but the one before got us a bit. I still have a huge dead tree down across my fence, it’s the neighbors tree. I told her if she gets rid of the tree I’ll fix the fence. The tree service will be here Wednesday.

Sorry for the off topic posts @MrMonte. Those Hellwig are great sway bars, you’ll feel the difference for sure.

petethepug

Michael
Reaction score
Geez fella, your XMAS present is your wife! I never got sway bars for Xmas let alone a sway bar bushing.

If you decide to go Recaro in either vehicle I have left over parts from the restoration of my two electric height/ recline, heated upholstered to leather set. You can put them together for 30-50% less than a completely restored to new pair. The aftermarket for foam, upholstery and leather is nuts. They only look like this when new or restored. Recaro leaves room for the leather to draw up and tighten because most let them dry up tight as a drum.

9A9C188B-EE8D-4253-A8DB-44B0ED34D40D.jpeg

OP
OP
MrMonte

MrMonte

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Geez fella, your XMAS present is your wife! I never got sway bars for Xmas let alone a sway bar bushing.

I knew since the day I met my wife she was & still is a keeper. I wasn't looking for a long term relationship at the time but I knew she was the one. Been married over 35 years. The 1st auto related purchase she surprised me with was a performance rectangular port intake for a 454 Chevy build I was working on over 30 years ago.

The most impressive gift was a scavenger hunt she put me on for one of my birthdays. There were index cards with a drawing & a riddle on where to go next. The last one was a box under the hood of my 1999 Suburban that I had upgraded with a built 383 & 4.10 gears. In that box labeled "Supercharger Fund" was a several $100 bills.

I do things for her as well & so appreciate all that she does.

Tonyrodz

Resident Resident
Reaction score

If you decide to go Recaro in either vehicle I have left over parts from the restoration of my two electric height/ recline, heated upholstered to leather set. You can put them together for 30-50% less than a completely restored to new pair. The aftermarket for foam, upholstery and leather is nuts. They only look like this when new or restored. Recaro leaves room for the leather to draw up and tighten because most let them dry up tight as a drum.

View attachment 388703
That's a nice seat.

Tonyrodz

Resident Resident
Reaction score

View attachment 388703
@petethepug what did that seat come out of?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MyCleftNut

Latest posts