Wife surprised me with some swaybars for Christmas

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

MrMonte

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Wife surprised me with some Hellwig swaybars for Christmas. These are some beefy swaybars. I bought my 2018 Yukon Denali Ultimate 6 months ago & have put 16K miles on it already. It's a great ride but the handling thru the curvy backroads could use some help. I told her someday I would like to get better swaybars. I did order a Belltech spindle drop kit but haven't installed it yet.

I'm doing a restro-mod build on my 1973 Camaro so my focus had shifted abit. Looks like the Yukon will be getting some attention very soon.
20221225_170745.jpg

OR VietVet

Multnomah Falls
Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
Wife surprised me with some Hellwig swaybars for Christmas. These are some beefy swaybars. I bought my 2018 Yukon Denali Ultimate 6 months ago & have put 16K miles on it already. It's a great ride but the handling thru the curvy backroads could use some help. I told her someday I would like to get better swaybars. I did order a Belltech spindle drop kit but haven't installed it yet.

I'm doing a restro-mod build on my 1973 Camaro so my focus had shifted abit. Looks like the Yukon will be getting some attention very soon.
View attachment 388109
Get ready for the seat of the pants feel that will make you grin, ear to ear.

OR VietVet

Multnomah Falls
Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
I swear I could feel the difference just sitting in the vehicle after installing the Hellwigs
I know what you mean. There are some undulations just pulling into my driveway. I could feel the difference going 20 mph in my neighborhood just going to grocery store. I can cut thru neighborhood and cross a higher speed street pulling across in to the grocery store parking lot and just that short trip and the pull in the driveway, I could feel it in my seat.

iamdub

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Are they comfortable?

I don't recall if it was Recaros, but one of those popular big-name seat brands makes very OEM-ish seats. I know Recaro is OEM for a handful of cars, too.

Honestly, they'd probably be too firm for our vehicles and especially for long drives.

Might do better retrofitting factory sport car seats. I had leather G8 GT seats in my Xtreme. Pretty comfy and had decent bolsters- a lot more than what these have. Maybe some from an STS-V or CTS-V?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dvnt