Wierd ABS, Climate Control, & Torque Converter Issue

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Auto Parts Guy

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
My 1995 4 door Yukon 4x4 has a weird, intermittent issue that I need help with. Occasionally, the ABS light will come on, or will be on and stay on when I crank up. When the light is on, the torque converter doesn't lock up & none of the HVAC or blower controls work. Then, all of a sudden, the brake light will come on and both lights go off, then everything works as it should. When the ABS light is on, I cannot read the ABS codes through the OBD connector; it does nothing when i jump the pins, no flashes. The issue is intermittent and has no pattern that I have noticed. Maybe colder weather but that's only a suspicion. ABS light may be on for days or minutes.

Any clues? I've done all the basics; i suspect a grounding issue but I don't know how the ABS, torque converter and HVAC controls are connected. Could be the BDC I guess? Any clues or anyone had this issue? Google returned nothing.

I literally replaced the entire suspension when i lifted it a couple years ago. I have also installed new Moog hubs with new sensors in the last few months. Issue occurred prior and presently to all this work.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Flem2009