White smoke issue

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

NickTransmissions

Sin City
Supporting Member
Reaction score
It appears my name was mistakenly tagged somewhere in this thread and caused me to post a reply that belongs in another discussion.
Lol, thought you were the OP but changed your user name for some reason. And idea of leaking connector hoses causing the white smoke out of the tail pipe was funny.

Nobody tagged you in this thread from what I can see...

RST Dana

Supporting Member
Reaction score
It appears my name was mistakenly tagged somewhere in this thread and caused me to post a reply that belongs in another discussion.
He was tagged, but the post/reply was from another topic and was inadvertently in the wrong discussion.

RST Dana

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Hi team -

Just heard back from the GMC dealership with the diagnosis: they discovered that the connector hoses are leaking. It's a $3,000 job that will fortunately be covered by warranty. I should have some more information later from them today or tomorrow.
Wrong arena I believe.

OP
OP
C
Reaction score
In addition to the dry/wet compression test, also do a block test that confirms/denies presence of hydrocarbons in your engine coolant. If confirmed, time to yank and go through the heads. If engine has more than 140-150k or so, yank and overhaul it, if you determine head gaskets are needed.

The block test kits are avail at auto parts stores and on Amazon
Mines running about 275k miles right now

NickTransmissions

Sin City
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Mines running about 275k miles right now
Gotcha, 275k is pretty good for those engines (or any gas engine, for that matter)...If you determine the head gaskets to be the problem (or a cracked head), I'd yank the engine and replace with a reman if you don't have time to rebuild it...Check with machine shops in your area...You may be able to get a 'ready to go' long block for under 3k...From there you bolt on all your engine accessories, install it, fill with break-in oil, prime it and fire it up and you should be good to go for a long time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
microfoxdev