Whipple 2.9 vs magnacharger 2300...... street shoot out

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

NORCAL SS

SUV SUSPENSION GURU
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Finally got a chance to race a customer of mine.

My combo
16 escalade
Whipple 2.9
Headers
Magnaflow cat back
7 psi
Runs low 12s

His combo
16 escalade
2300 maggie
10 psi
Headers
Magnaflow cat back
Meth

Went off roll 3 times and each one i pulled on him. Out the hole same thing.

I then uploaded my meth tune which gained me 63 at wheels on dyno and was a brutal result.

If your looking for a blower on these rigs go with the whipple. Ive installed 18 kits locally and sold more then 100 online and by far the best bang for buck is whipple.

I went 12.2 on 91 pump gas and im sure with meth tune will run 11.80s at track...... and thats on 26" rims

Reaction score

My combo
16 escalade
Whipple 2.9
Headers
Magnaflow cat back
7 psi
Runs low 12s

His combo
16 escalade
2300 maggie
10 psi
Headers
Magnaflow cat back
Meth

I then uploaded my meth tune which gained me 63 at wheels on dyno and was a brutal result.

If your looking for a blower on these rigs go with the whipple. Ive installed 18 kits locally and sold more then 100 online and by far the best bang for buck is whipple.

I went 12.2 on 91 pump gas and im sure with meth tune will run 11.80s at track...... and thats on 26" rims
Can you send me a price quote for my 16 denali?

HiHoeSilver

Away!
Reaction score

My combo
16 escalade
Whipple 2.9
Headers
Magnaflow cat back
7 psi
Runs low 12s

His combo
16 escalade
2300 maggie
10 psi
Headers
Magnaflow cat back
Meth

Vids or it didn't happen.

minytrker

Full Access Member
Reaction score
12.2 is very impressive on such low boost and pump gas. That has to be a blast to drive! Was the other escalade on custom tune or can tune? 63 more hp however wont get you a 11.80 pass though.

67RS427

Full Access Member
Reaction score
12.2 is very impressive on such low boost and pump gas. That has to be a blast to drive! Was the other escalade on custom tune or can tune? 63 more hp however wont get you a 11.80 pass though.
Meth would add that HP/TQ across the board, not just peak. 11 seconds shouldn't be a problem with a truck like that. Changing wheel/tire combo might do it alone...

I'm curious @NORCAL SS , what are your IAT Temps with and without meth? I'm thinking interchiller instead of meth on my truck.

Last edited:

noob

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Does installing the super charger cause your car to have a check engine light on? How's gas mileage?

OP
OP
NORCAL SS

NORCAL SS

SUV SUSPENSION GURU
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Meth would add that HP/TQ across the board, not just peak. 11 seconds shouldn't be a problem with a truck like that. Changing wheel/tire combo might do it alone...

I'm curious @NORCAL SS , what are your IAT Temps with and without meth? I'm thinking interchiller instead of meth on my truck.

meth not needed. My iat temps are not high at all and only thing i did on my set up is add a cobra hx tank. truck woudl run 11s easy on drag radials

OP
OP
NORCAL SS

NORCAL SS

SUV SUSPENSION GURU
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Does installing the super charger cause your car to have a check engine light on? How's gas mileage?

with blower/headers/cat back i get better gas mileage then stock..... if you hammer it though yes will eat more gas

OP
OP
NORCAL SS

NORCAL SS

SUV SUSPENSION GURU
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score

yes he has a custom tune for meth.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MyCleftNut

Latest posts