Which oil cooler for the automatic transmission would you recommend to me Tahoe 2007 LTZ

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

DJPoertsch

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hello dear friends here in the forum.

I have had an 8 m Caravan since 2019 and had to find out in summer that my oil temperature in the automatic transmission had risen rapidly and even triggered an alarm. It was only for 15 minutes because we climbed a super steep mountain, but I still want to install an additional cooler so that I am better prepared for overheating here in Germany.

Which one would you recommend to me? What should I pay attention to and what else should be considered when buying this cooler because of additional parts etc.

Looking forward to suggestions so that I can order the right one.

Greetings Markus from Germany

OP
OP
DJPoertsch

DJPoertsch

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Do you know if in this set the Gm Derale 13002 Adapter would be included to hock up the cooling hose on the main cooler. I saw this on a YouTube video. Very simple installation.

Doubeleive

Wes
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Do you know if in this set the Gm Derale 13002 Adapter would be included to hock up the cooling hose on the main cooler. I saw this on a YouTube video. Very simple installation.
I don't think it comes with that adapter, you would likely have to purchase something like that seperate, the tru-cool referenced is a universal kit, not manufacture specific.

OP
OP
DJPoertsch

DJPoertsch

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thank you so much for this Link.
This was very informative for me. Because we have also cold Weather here and Snow. This Bypass Cooler seems the right decision for me also. @donjetman witch one would you recommend for my Tahoe. I plan the next days to order all my Parts. Can I get the on RockAuto because for me very easy for order in point of tax and Transportation costs. Thank you so much

donjetman

Full Access Member
Reaction score
If I was ordering one, it would probably be either the #697 or #698. I would also consider installing a heat shield or wrap on the exhaust pipe that runs under the transmission pan.

And yes Rockauto sells these for <$45, amazon for <$55.

Reaction score
Do they make adapters that allow the stock line fittings to attach?

I installed a bigger cooler many years ago on my 2001 and used short pieces of hose and hose clamps to attach the stock lines.

2001 Yukon SLT
2012 Yukon Denali XL
2011 Yukon Denali RIP 5/20/18

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
seeker