Where do you get your oil changed?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Stbentoak

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have been using the dealer while still under warranty. If I were to take my 2021 LT Duramax Tahoe somewhere else and then I had a claim - even an unrelated one - I am afraid GM would try to wriggle out of its repair obligation. I am probably paying 50% more at the dealer's, but if I have trouble, I can honestly say to the service manager "no one has ever done anything with this engine except your mechanics". This engine is getting to be pretty common, but I am still going to wait for the warranty period to expire before I have my regular mechanics to do routine maintenance. Yes, I could change the oil myself and I probably will, just not for now.
Thats fine, but with any serious issue, the 1st thing they would do is pull an oil sample and makes sure its 0w-20 and Dexos D and isn't 10K+ mile old. I can show all my oil and filter purchases pretty easily and it never goes beyond say 6K or so, so oil type and condition wouldn't be any grounds for any warranty disqualification. I just scored jugs of Mobil 1 0w-20 DexosD on Wal mart for 29.95. You can't touch that price and with an AC Delco gold filter about 58.00 all in and about 1/2 hr doing a nice neat job.....

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jake 2015 GMC Yuk