Where do you fill up?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

05Yukon23

Full Access Member
Reaction score
There is a TON to read about ethanol and etc on the interweb. I drive a 2005 that is NOT rated for E85 and when I do find fuel that doesn't have ethanol it runs noticeably smoother.

domin8

Just Plinking
Reaction score
Highland Park, IL. Transplant from SLC, UT to redu
This sounds like you just copied and paste. Lol
But very informative.

Sent from my BlackBerry 8530 using Tapatalk

Lol. Absolutely not the case. I wrote a paper back in 2007 on the failures of alternative automotive fuels. It discussed ethanol, biodiesel, hydrogen, hybrids, and more. If you want a copy and paste I can do that with my references in MLA format since I still have an unfinished draft saved on the computer. I used both scholarly and popular references. The final draft is on my laptop, which I haven't used in years and is just sitting somewhere unused.

Last edited:

Peaches

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Nothing could be closer to the truth!!! They say the happiest day of a boat owner's life is the day he brings it home and the second happiest day, is the day he sells it. I'm looking forward to the second happiest day.

stevek

Full Access Member
Reaction score
^^ This explains why we just had to do $800 of repairs to the fuel system on our boat, because of the idiot before us.

They make marine stabilizers to help combat this. Also, it's better to run instead of having full tanks (that can collect much more water) to have them half full. I know we have a 130g tank on our boat and we RARELY have it full (also because at $5+ a gallon on the lake it's ridiculous to fill, even if we just go to a beach and chill for the day).

It gets at BEST 1.25 GPM (gallons per mile, not MPG). Downfall of 2x8.1L motors :( - but it goes fast for being an open bow cruiser :D

StevenFromTexas

Mr. Negative
Reaction score
B reak
O ut
A nother
T housand

I wish it was just a thousand! :D

Here's what I have spent, excluding the cost of the boat and trailer, on my 2002 21-foot Triton bass boat since I purchased it in March 2002:

Storage: $9,787.42

Repairs and Maintenance (includes swapping out perfectly good electronics for newer stuff two times over the years): $14,708.89

License Plates: $558.00

Insurance: $5,331.00

Gasoline: $1,879.24

And you don't even want to get me started on four $200.00 life vests, and thousands and thousands more for stuff like that that I could tell you the exact date I purchased the items and how much each item cost.

Do you get the idea that I am detail oriented? :Insane:

THE YETI

Director of Operations
Supporting Member
Reaction score

Here's what I have spent, excluding the cost of the boat and trailer, on my 2002 21-foot Triton bass boat since I purchased it in March 2002:

Repairs and Maintenance (includes swapping out perfectly good electronics for newer stuff two times over the years): $14,708.89

And you don't even want to get me started on four $200.00 life vests, and thousands and thousands more for stuff like that that I could tell you the exact date I purchased the items and how much each item cost.

Good Lord Steve! My 01 19' Stratos 19SS Xtreme cost me about $600/yr for insurance and I only filled it up with gas about once a month. I had zero repairs on it other than the yearly routine maintenance which was $250/yr.

Sure would love a 21' Triton tho... Mmmmm!!!

Fishmazter

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Even the newer 4-strokes at best get 2 mpg!!! But I would still rather drop the cash to get away from work and go fishing!

Kman

Full Access Member
Reaction score

I know how it is. My dad dad and I ride modified Sea-Doos. Expensive hobby.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Purolator