Where did you source a new DASH?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Barry Vaughn

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
For those who have gone the OEM dash replacement route, where did you buy it? Locally, or was it shipped to you? Are they packaged to withstand handling by freight companies?

Mine was already far gone when I bought the truck, and this task is getting close to the head of the queue. I’m not interested in caps or aftermarket solutions.

My concern is potentially saving money buying elsewhere, but having it arrive damaged and then having to deal with all that entails.

Thanks for sharing your experience.

I just ordered new dash and front cover from local GM dealer. First quoted me 600+for the dash. I questioned him as to why the price on GM parts website was only 400 and something. Then told me the best he could do was $461. I told him to apply that same discount to other parts that I had ordered. Both dash and front cover, and Bow Tie for grill came to pennies less than a grand. Next weekend will be busy!!

Rocket Man

Mark
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I just ordered new dash and front cover from local GM dealer. First quoted me 600+for the dash. I questioned him as to why the price on GM parts website was only 400 and something. Then told me the best he could do was $461. I told him to apply that same discount to other parts that I had ordered. Both dash and front cover, and Bow Tie for grill came to pennies less than a grand. Next weekend will be busy!!
Seems a bit high. What all did you order?

Rocket Man

Mark
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Both pieces for the dash and a bowtie for the grill
Ok, you said they agreed on $461 for the dash. The extension is the other part of the dash and list is about $250 so maybe $300 shipped. That’s $760 for both dash pieces. That leaves $240 for a bow tie? :crazy:

Barry Vaughn

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
130 for the bowtie.(copywrited), and 10% tax. I have no reason to lie to you. just trying to add relevant info.

Rocket Man

Mark
Supporting Member
Reaction score
130 for the bowtie.(copywrited), and 10% tax. I have no reason to lie to you. just trying to add relevant info.
Copyrighted? I don’t think so, I’ve bought billet bow ties for my Silvy from aftermarket companies and a GMC emblem the same. I didn’t want to pay dealer prices for them, plus GM doesn’t offer billet pieces that I could find. I was just adding up prices and it seemed you got charged too much. :)

OP
OP
B

Bill 1960

Testing the Limits
Reaction score
The bowtie is a trademark, and they are legally protected. Copyright is a different set of laws. Of course the other side of the world has no respect for any such laws and copies everything.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Franny