Where did you source a new DASH?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Bill 1960

Testing the Limits
Reaction score
For those who have gone the OEM dash replacement route, where did you buy it? Locally, or was it shipped to you? Are they packaged to withstand handling by freight companies?

Mine was already far gone when I bought the truck, and this task is getting close to the head of the queue. I’m not interested in caps or aftermarket solutions.

My concern is potentially saving money buying elsewhere, but having it arrive damaged and then having to deal with all that entails.

Thanks for sharing your experience.

kbit

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
After looking at all the gmparts guys on the web and seeing their outrageous shipping cost, I went to the local dealer and got it for the same price with no shipping cost. So I saved a couple hundred or whatever it was.
That said, I don't know the current price but have noticed a dramatic increase in prices recently....

OP
OP
B

Bill 1960

Testing the Limits
Reaction score
I talked to my local dealer today and found they have it in stock. That’s telling right there. Price was about 480 which is higher than the online guys (before shipping). I’m expecting shipping costs on an item that large to be exorbitant, so I’ll give my local guys the business when I get around to it.

That might take a little time because the dash will cause a domino effect; I’ll have to do new infotainment head unit and cabin air filter installation while I’m in there. Maybe some cameras too.

Rocket Man

Mark
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I found mine on EBay from a dealer shipped for a hundred or more less than my local dealer. The packing is insane, it comes in a huge cardboard box specifically built for the part with foam pieces inside protecting it. I’m sure it’s the same box you’ll get when you buy it from your local place. I would take the part number and do a Google search and an EBay search and look for the shipped price if you want to go that route.

VDV18

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Based on how fragile they are, along with the condition of every package I've received in the last year, I'd be leery having it shipped. :D

Rocket Man

Mark
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Based on how fragile they are, along with the condition of every package I've received in the last year, I'd be leery having it shipped. :D
If you see the box it comes in, you wouldn’t worry. And they’re not really fragile unless they’ve been baking under the sun for years. Keep in mind, the dealers have them shipped to THEM.

OP
OP
B

Bill 1960

Testing the Limits
Reaction score
Follow on question: how commonly do you need to replace the panel at the front of the dash? I think it’s called the extension panel. Mine looks OK from the topside, I just wonder if that’ll have hidden damage, or crack to pieces like the dash when I do the work.

Can that front panel be changed later without pulling the whole dash off again?

Reaction score
That front panel comes off easy. Remove the A pillar panel from each side by removing the cover plugs and the bolts underneath. That front panel can pop right off. Unclip the light sensor.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

1BADI5

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Yeah this is on my list of to do in the spring to include a carpet kit, new seat foam and front seat covers.

Rocket Man

Mark
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Follow on question: how commonly do you need to replace the panel at the front of the dash? I think it’s called the extension panel. Mine looks OK from the topside, I just wonder if that’ll have hidden damage, or crack to pieces like the dash when I do the work.

Can that front panel be changed later without pulling the whole dash off again?
On my 08 Silverado, mine was brittle and half the places where the clips go broke off, as well as a corner of it. My dash was brittle too. I had to replace both parts. The extension is easy to replace after the dash is in though, unless you buy one of the covers instead of replacing the dash in which case you need to remove the cover first since it goes over both pieces. Be super careful when you’re popping the clips out.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
navyboy14094