When Tahoe met Z a love story.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

crazydatsun240Z

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
She was all alone in the dark garage, when suddenly the big door crept open, and there he stood, Big, Indigo Blue Pearl, tattoos of "Chevrolet" "Tahoe" and "LS" adorned his body, born in 2001 but looked much younger than his 23 years, his Vortec 5.3 V8 growled at her and her 2.8L six purred back, He slowly and carefully slid up along side her and.....

Anyways, nice to meet everyone here, I'm Lance, just joined today and those are my 2 cars.

OP
OP
crazydatsun240Z

crazydatsun240Z

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Welcome aboard.
For a moment you had me thinking that 2.8 was in a GM vehicle of yours.

View attachment 420174
No No, I upgraded my Z to a 2.8L engine awhile back, I am seriously thinking of a Chevy V8 conversion for it and a 5.3 would be a good choice :) been done many times in the Z world. This is what's in my Z20191208_153717 (1).jpg
As far as my Tahoe goes, it is just a stock 2001 with a 5.3 with 140k on the engine runs great, but the tranny had to be replaced just before I moved up to the central valley CA, and from what I am told, the rear main seal shoulda been replaced at that time, but wasnt sigh..I didn't know, or think to ask. Now it is leaking fairly bad, but 2 years later but the trans is working great. I did have a scary problem happen with it while moving up here, who ever owned it before me, had replaced the front swaybar links/bushings and had bought the WRONG kit somehow, which was shorter and barely allowed the sway to clear the tie rod below it , it had slowly scraped it over and over whenever the vehicle suspension compressed on a bump, and I NEVER heard it scraping like you would think. The ONLY reason I did find out about it was because my hub and bearing went out and I saw it then, the tie rod had grinded HALF way through the sway bar by then. Bought a junkyard sway bar and a new proper link kit and all is good now :)

89Suburban

Bull in the china shop
Supporting Member
Reaction score
No No, I upgraded my Z to a 2.8L engine awhile back, I am seriously thinking of a Chevy V8 conversion for it and a 5.3 would be a good choice :) been done many times in the Z world. This is what's in my ZView attachment 420216
As far as my Tahoe goes, it is just a stock 2001 with a 5.3 with 140k on the engine runs great, but the tranny had to be replaced just before I moved up to the central valley CA, and from what I am told, the rear main seal shoulda been replaced at that time, but wasnt sigh..I didn't know, or think to ask. Now it is leaking fairly bad, but 2 years later but the trans is working great. I did have a scary problem happen with it while moving up here, who ever owned it before me, had replaced the front swaybar links/bushings and had bought the WRONG kit somehow, which was shorter and barely allowed the sway to clear the tie rod below it , it had slowly scraped it over and over whenever the vehicle suspension compressed on a bump, and I NEVER heard it scraping like you would think. The ONLY reason I did find out about it was because my hub and bearing went out and I saw it then, the tie rod had grinded HALF way through the sway bar by then. Bought a junkyard sway bar and a new proper link kit and all is good now :)
Nice!

Hoesgottaeat2

Full Access Member
Reaction score
No No, I upgraded my Z to a 2.8L engine awhile back, I am seriously thinking of a Chevy V8 conversion for it and a 5.3 would be a good choice :) been done many times in the Z world. This is what's in my ZView attachment 420216
Bet the red line's a tad higher than a V8 on that inline :thumbsup:

The ONLY reason I did find out about it was because my hub and bearing went out and I saw it then, the tie rod had grinded HALF way through the sway bar by then. Bought a junkyard sway bar and a new proper link kit and all is good now :)
A save is a save no matter how you discovered it. Good catch :D

RAMurphy

Bob
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Welcome to this great forum. I owned a vehicle with a 2.8L engine years ago. Put over 200K miles on her.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ihaveatahoetoo