When Do you upgrade Power supply??

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Nfamous60

Full Access Member
Reaction score
hey everybody hows it goin. got another one of my subs today (orion HCCA 10" 3000watt max 1,500 rms).

my question is i plan on adding 3 to my trucc in a custom box and run those off 1 orion 5000watt amp. i also have oxygen 02's 6.5" door speakers which are 200watt each and i run those off a 900watt 4ch crunch amp. when do i have to upgrade alternator or battery? or is that still handle to be handled by the factory alternator? i mean its just 2 amps that im running shoulr be fine right, i also heard that our alternators are underrated just the batteries are garbage...should i get a capacitor or sumting?

Modded

That Guy
Reaction score
Su Nfamous, to handle that I would suggest three Kinetik HC2000 power cells. Also one of thos three should be used to replace the stock battery you have and thats all you should need. NO DIM or bass fade.....also makesure you Dynomat the hell out of that truck!

Scotto2323

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I would add a capacitor maybe go with a dual battery setup if your gonna play the beats just hanging around with the truck off.

Modded

That Guy
Reaction score
Yeah but the Kinetik batteries kill caps when it comes to power.....they're way better....thats whay the HC200 is called the "Cap Killer"!

OP
OP
Nfamous60

Nfamous60

Full Access Member
Reaction score
so if i get the kinetiks i wouldn't need a cap???i seen a couple spots down here selling them i'mm check the out also eveyone looking at this if you want to see what the sub looks liks the Orion i'm posting pic now to the other topic the guy asked about sonixelectronics.

blueflamed03

Supporting Member
Reaction score
forget the caps.

Get a Kintik under the hood and a HC2400 is MORE than enough for a couple amps....I ran a Kinetik HC2000, Powermaster alt and 1 Kicker 2500.1, 1 Kicker 850.4 and 1 Kicker 350.2 all off one batt.

PavementPounder

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I think you should do the BIG 3 wiring upgrade that everyone talks about here. I've yet to do it but when I get my new head unit and another amp I'm going to do.

OP
OP
Nfamous60

Nfamous60

Full Access Member
Reaction score
forget the caps.

Get a Kintik under the hood and a HC2400 is MORE than enough for a couple amps....I ran a Kinetik HC2000, Powermaster alt and 1 Kicker 2500.1, 1 Kicker 850.4 and 1 Kicker 350.2 all off one batt.

Hc2400 is the brand of kinetic? also the factory alternator is good for this right?

also what big wiring are you talking about??