Wheel stud length

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

sanman28

Reaction score
Anybody know the wheel stud length, for the purpose of spacers, on these rigs?

JerseySUP

Reaction score
I’m curious to know as well. I may just pull a wheel off next weekend and measure myself. It also depends on how big the “pocket” is on the back of your rim.

mikew2069

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'm not sure but I put on 10mm spacers and that's probably about as big as I would comfortably go. You could probably push it with 12mm but I'm not that brave.

From there, you would need to go up to 1.5" with new studs. I tried 1.25" spacers and even with the pockets in the back of the wheel, the studs were too long. So actually, come to think of it, that would make the studs somewhere in the 1 3/8" - 1 7/16" range.

OP
OP
sanman28

sanman28

Reaction score
I'm not sure but I put on 10mm spacers and that's probably about as big as I would comfortably go. You could probably push it with 12mm but I'm not that brave.

From there, you would need to go up to 1.5" with new studs. I tried 1.25" spacers and even with the pockets in the back of the wheel, the studs were too long. So actually, come to think of it, that would make the studs somewhere in the 1 3/8" - 1 7/16" range.
1.5” it is. Thanks

H1Chester

Full Access Member
Reaction score
A guy I follow on IG, who had a 21 and 22 Tahoe Z71 had 1.25" spacers with stock wheels and no stud trimming was required.

JerseySUP

Reaction score
I pulled a wheel this weekend to investigate. My studs measured exactly 1 5/8” and the pocket on the back of my wheels is about 1/2”. If my math is correct, the smallest wheel spacer I can run (without having to trim the studs) is 1 1/8”. I am planning on ordering some 1.25” Bora spacers so they should fit with no problems.

I can’t represent that the studs are exactly the same on all models or on GMCs. This is just my personal experience. For reference, I have a 2022 Tahoe LT with the optional 20” wheels.

OP
OP
sanman28

sanman28

Reaction score
I pulled a wheel this weekend to investigate. My studs measured exactly 1 5/8” and the pocket on the back of my wheels is about 1/2”. If my math is correct, the smallest wheel spacer I can run (without having to trim the studs) is 1 1/8”. I am planning on ordering some 1.25” Bora spacers so they should fit with no problems.

I can’t represent that the studs are exactly the same on all models or on GMCs. This is just my personal experience. For reference, I have a 2022 Tahoe LT with the optional 20” wheels.
Excellent info.

mikew2069

Full Access Member
Reaction score

Also probably depends on the wheel and how much cavity there is. With my Denali 22s, I would've had to trim about 1/16" to get the 1.25" spacers to fit.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
PascalBlues