Wheel spacers

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Dantheman1540

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Anyone have any thoughts on wheel spacers. Anyone have them and what size did you use?

On 2 different forums with a similar question huh. Anyway, I see no issue with quality wheel spacers used in moderation and installed correctly. For example, I used 1/4" spacers on all 4 corners of my Tahoe to keep the tires from rubbing the fender liner since it's lowered. Then when I installed A wider rear axle I took the rear spacers off and just ran them in the front. Another Time I've used them is on my car hauler trailer because I rebuild the deck and added wheels with a different offset that ended up rubbing the sidewall on the deck when installed. I used a 3" spacer that bolts onto the factory lugs and torqued them to spec with a dab of red Loctite. The wheel bolts to the new lugs on the spacer and of course you need to properly torque the new lug nuts as well.

Typically where people start to have issues with them is not getting hub-centric spacers if your application requires them. Not torque properly and they get loose. Stacking spacers on spacers to get "hella wide bruh" and the lugs can't handle the added leverage so they break off while driving. Getting cheap spacers that fail even during normal use, or finally adding to much spacer without having extended lugs which results in not enough thread contact with the lug nut causing the lug nuts to back out and then you wreck.

Another disclaimer is anytime you extended the leverage point on your suspension and steering you're likely to wear out components faster.

Joseph Garcia

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Welcome to the Forum from NH.

Lots of knowledgeable folks here who freely share their knowledge, experiences, and perspectives. Knowledge is power.

I hope that you will become a participating member in the Forum's discussions.

Pics, please.

You are already receiving sage advice for the knowledgeable folks on this Forum. One item to note is that if you ever need to have your tires changed out or balanced, there are many service places that won't mount your wheels back onto your car, if there are spacers, as they view this as a liability issue.

PeteCT

Full Access Member
Reaction score
2.7+ tons with wheels spacers doesn't sound good.
Better to get ET 35 or more.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
firedog9518

Latest posts