Wheel Size/ Number of Lugs

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Sentry

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Currently I have 15" Wheels on 5 lugs.

Its a 99 4 Door Tahoe 2 Wheel Drive

Can I put 16" Wheels on it with no problem? (I think I can, just want to confirm) Mind you it has a 4" Body Lift which I am wanting to remove.

Also...

Is it possible to put 6 lugs on it? What would I have to do?

As much as I would not like to spend the money, I am curious as to what it would entail... A friend of mine got me to thinking about the 16" Wheels yesterday. I would like to know before I purchase anymore wheels...

I already purchased 2 - 15" wheels meant for the trailer, but before I continue and purchase more parts/ tires. I would like to know, where I stand. If I do the 16 inch wheels, I think I would like to change to 6 lugs if possible... Preferably without using spacers....

kcb37

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Have a question first.
If the trailer is a 5 lug and you can use the same rims/tires why not keep the 5 lug on the truck?
If you use truck tires on the trailer same size as the truck you have an extra spare, or one spare for both.

16's should fit fine.
To convert to 6 lug back is easy. Get an axle out of a 4wd.
The front. I belive you can probably change the control arms and hubs, run a end of a cv shaft in the hub to keep it together. Add the torsion springs/crossmember.

The problem with this is the fame is different atleast on the front. Because the spring goes (into) the frame on a 2wd.
Not sure if the 4wd parts will work or not. Maybe even just the knuckle and hub, with the cv will clear the spring, or cut it down so it does. You just need that to keep the hub together.

Just me but for all the work and money, I would leave it a 5 lug.

_Dylan_

STAY FROSTY
Reaction score
changing to 6 lug is not that easy. Not really worth the effort IMO.

Your lug pattern is 5x5 and 16" wheels will fit.

OP
OP
S

Sentry

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thanks staying 5 lug.... Need to win lotto to buy 4WD

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
warock56