What's The Problem Spider Injectors?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

neosoul

Reaction score
I've been having problems starting my tahoe lately, it acts like it want to start but won't completely turn over. Pulled one of the plugs and it was wet with fuel. I cleaned it and even put in new plugs and still the same problem. The same plug was wet with fuel. So I removed the plug and the engine turned over. What could be the problem? Does this sound like a bad spider injector?

BRUTUS_T_HOG

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yes. When the fuel pressure regulator fails it leaks fuel and fills up the intake. Along with running very rich and like crap depending on how badly it leaks.

I have seen them run fine and only start hard from flooding and I have seen them billowing black smoke and glowing red cats.

Donnie Yukonie

Yates Caretaker
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Make sure you get the updated Part , the older ones were plastic and melted the new ones are mostly metal from what I remember

BRUTUS_T_HOG

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The updated part eliminates the poppet injectors and replaces them with port fuel injectors.

SunlitComet

OBS Jedi-Do Good
Reaction score
Yes. When the fuel pressure regulator fails it leaks fuel and fills up the intake. Along with running very rich and like crap depending on how badly it leaks.

I have seen them run fine and only start hard from flooding and I have seen them billowing black smoke and glowing red cats.

Uh that answer is not just applicable to the old spider assembly that can happen to a new updated one too.

neo, the problem was the old design had parts that could get clogged or get stuck open. gm addressed it with a new redesigned unit that had proved to be more reliable. problem included cel lights for other end results and misfire issues.

BRUTUS_T_HOG

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Uh that answer is not just applicable to the old spider assembly that can happen to a new updated one too.

neo, the problem was the old design had parts that could get clogged or get stuck open. gm addressed it with a new redesigned unit that had proved to be more reliable. problem included cel lights for other end results and misfire issues.

Yes I know. I was confirming that fuel leaking into the cylinders is a symptom of a failed spider. And yes I know the regulator can be replaced separately, but I like to replace the whole spider because the small plastic lines tend to break or are already broken by the time you get to them.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pepper1700