What's more likely?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

mateo710

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I recently had some work done on the cooling system on my '05 Denali. I opened the hood today and noticed that the engine cover that says "Vortec 6000" is completely gone and the other two covers are loose. The mechanic says they never touched it... I'm losing my mind over this cause I can't believe I wouldn't have noticed when I originally picked it up. So what's more likely, the mechanic is full of shit and I wasn't paying attention? Or someone came by, popped the hood, were trying to steal something under the cover, took the cover, and then closed the hood?

Tonyrodz

Resident Resident
Reaction score
I recently had some work done on the cooling system on my '05 Denali. I opened the hood today and noticed that the engine cover that says "Vortec 6000" is completely gone and the other two covers are loose. The mechanic says they never touched it... I'm losing my mind over this cause I can't believe I wouldn't have noticed when I originally picked it up. So what's more likely, the mechanic is full of shit and I wasn't paying attention? Or someone came by, popped the hood, were trying to steal something under the cover, took the cover, and then closed the hood?
Should be held on by 1 bolt. Very strange.....

mattbta

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Well, we know what is likely. You spamming multiple forums with cross posts.

OP
OP
M

mateo710

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Well, we know what is likely. You spamming multiple forums with cross posts.
Yea, I posted there originally but figured it was less of an engine thing and more of a general thing.

Doubeleive

Wes
Supporting Member
Reaction score
the cover wouldn't just fall off, I would go back and ask the mechanic to "JUST" have a look around his shop and see if it happens to be sitting around somewhere, it would be pretty easy to set it aside and forget or another employee put it somewhere.

OP
OP
M

mateo710

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Still waiting on an answer to my question. It'll tell you a lot
The bolts are clean. I know it disappeared in the last two weeks since it was on previous to dropping my car off at the mechanic. I do live in a fairly questionable area and it was almost stolen before which is why I'm even entertaining the second idea..

Tonyrodz

Resident Resident
Reaction score
The bolts are clean. I know it disappeared in the last two weeks since it was on previous to dropping my car off at the mechanic. I do live in a fairly questionable area and it was almost stolen before which is why I'm even entertaining the second idea..
How were they able to get to it last time?

Last edited:
OP
OP
M

mateo710

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
How were they sble to get to it last time?
I'm not sure, there was no visible damage to the car so I think they used one of those thin bar things to fish the lock open? I didn't even realize it was broken into until I opened the door and saw they had torn off the trim around the steering column and wrecked the ignition with a screw driver.

Is there anything easily accessible that someone could pull off the heads and be worth some money?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MyCleftNut

Latest posts