What is this cable from battery to under engine cover

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

madmanjustice

Full Access Member
Reaction score
There is a cable going from the battery to somewhere under the engine cover (red with a black protective loom on it) and I noticed that the engine cover is wearing through the insulation so i would like to replace it. But when i look on RockAuto, I am not sure which one it is? Can someone help?20210523_165557.jpg 20210523_165550.jpg

87carl

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Alternator wire the loom doesn't do much

Doubeleive

Wes
Supporting Member
Reaction score
There is a cable going from the battery to somewhere under the engine cover (red with a black protective loom on it) and I noticed that the engine cover is wearing through the insulation so i would like to replace it. But when i look on RockAuto, I am not sure which one it is? Can someone help?View attachment 280011 View attachment 280012
any battery shop or electrical supply can make you a new one, I trimmed the plastic on the engine cover a little to avoid this same issue, the cover was rubbing on the cable and cutting into it.
that cable is the charging cable from alternator to battery positive. Wouldn't be that much from the dealer either i'm guessing $35-40, a shop can make you one for 1/2 that price

Last edited:

wsteele

Full Access Member
Reaction score
There is a cable going from the battery to somewhere under the engine cover (red with a black protective loom on it) and I noticed that the engine cover is wearing through the insulation so i would like to replace it. But when i look on RockAuto, I am not sure which one it is? Can someone help?View attachment 280011 View attachment 280012

I think I would repair the worn insulation with shrink tubing, grind away some of the cover so it can’t rub and maybe add some new split sleeve for added protection and call it good.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SDHanz