What is this, and do I need it?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Nooj

Reaction score
Hey all- I was doing some spring cleaning on the turd-burban and found this apparatus hiding behind the floor console. One of the cables goes under the carpet.

DFAE9D86-757F-4CED-AA50-F3D9B7D39AD9.jpeg
CEE62400-15C0-4E0B-8EDC-168AB918F219.jpeg
1- What it be?
2- Do I need it?
3- Where does the time go? And also that cable (any idea?)

Thank you for any input or advice, good or otherwise, that you are willing to offer this weary traveler.

Nooj

PS- I’m posting from my phone. Are my pics coming out normal sized, and right side up?

TollKeeper

Full Access Member
Reaction score

TollKeeper

Full Access Member
Reaction score
To answer your questions...

1- What it be?
2- Do I need it?
3- Where does the time go? And also that cable (any idea?)
Powered interface for a handheld CB radio - Very popular with the Jeep Community.
No
Time is always fleeting!?? As for the cable, who knows. Do you have any holes in your rear bumper, or rear quarter panels? I would not worry about it, its not going to harm anything with it being there. They are typically mounted to a bumper PL259 connector, a side mounted style on the rear quarter, or under the hood, mounted to a fender bolt with a bracket.

Quadratec_CB_Antenna_Mount.jpg

FMAB-JL_NMO2_1200x1200.jpg

OP
OP
N

Nooj

Reaction score
Thanks for the replies!
I haven’t seen an antenna nor any location where one may have been. I’ll look closer tomorrow. I haven’t inspected the roof rack closely… could’ve been mounted there. The bumper looked clean.

The previous owners didn’t strike me as CB users, but ya can’t judge a book by its cover.

At some point, when I pull the seats to replace the carpet, I’ll figure out where the cable is running.

Nooj

Reaction score
It might be plugged into an adapter up behind the radio that uses the FM radio antenna for the CB antenna also, maybe.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DefiantOne