What is the second radio harness for?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

ActSwedish

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hi!

What is the second wire harness for on the stock radio it says something like "2957" on. It sits away from the main cables kinda like on the other side. And what do I do with it when I install an aftermarket radio?

Regards

Copper&Black

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Not sure about the 2957 question, but the best way to hook up an aftermarket radio would be to purchase a wire harness that plug & plays with the stock radio connections. You wire it up to the harness supplied with your radio so that it plug into the factory clip.

Looks something like this...
wireingharness.jpg

OP
OP
ActSwedish

ActSwedish

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thx m8! I have ordered one of those should arrive in the morning. Still concerned about that wire harness on the other side thoug it had like 10connectors on it or something. So it should be going somewhere useful.

I dont have the Bose unit but when I looked at my options list for the car using the VIN number I found this :

UQ3 SPEAKER SYSTEM,PERFORMANCE ENHANCED AUDIO ENHANCED SPKR SYS(UQ3)

Does that mean they have just put in som extra speakers or does it mean that i have a stock amp somewhere. It has the tweeters in the way back and the stock "Subwoofer"

Last edited:
OP
OP
ActSwedish

ActSwedish

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Dont think so my truck is a -01. (should have mention that)
Maybe it´s for the cassete deck that sits down in the center stock (dont have it left someone has taken it out)

Regards

OP
OP
ActSwedish

ActSwedish

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I just plugged it out and put it away, the numbers on it were 6597. Did all the wiring today for my DD, works great!
So the only thing left to do now is actually installing it. Hopefully I get around to it this weekend. I will need to figure out a way to route the GPS antenna. Was thinking about going through the upper airvent holes if its possible. Anyways cant wait until its all done.

:)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ep33401