What Have You beaten In A Race??

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

General Stalin

Full Access Member
Reaction score
What's all this about the full size SUV's not keeping up with Diesels?

My brother has a 2004 Sierra 2500 HD with the 6.6L Duramax and I know for a plain black and white fact that my 2003 Yukon Denali 6.0L would whip him.

But with that said... I really have gotten no kills in my Denali =( No one really tries to stand up to it. Not saying that in a cocky way like no one thinks they have a chance or something, I just don't think all the shitheads on the road who like to race really see the Denali as a competative vehicle, and I'm really not one to rev my engine and try and intimidate people I drive next to. If someone does it to me then it's on, but I don't go out of ym way to be like that.

My '95 Tahoe, on the other hand: I have beaten other similar model year Tahoes and TBI silverados. I beat an acura integra on the highway once haha, smoked a ford focus, and a 1994 Ford Tempo =P.

chistoso

Supporting Member
Reaction score
how huge of a difference do you notice getting on it with and without the 24s?

I have a set of 20's I slap on once or twice and the difference is noticeable. It's lighter and quicker off the line with the 20's but with the DUBs it's lighter than with the U2's I had before.. I can light up the 24's that's for damn sure, I just don't think I want to do that too much, damn tires are pricey..

---------- Post added at 07:39 AM ---------- Previous post was at 07:34 AM ----------

So you think you might make it this way in November? I'm itching to hit the track with you when you do. Nice kills btw bro.

They're supposed hold this seminar every 3 mos. so depending on if they get enough people to sign up then I will. In the meantime, I'm looking at removing the SC, installing my spare PCM for a couple of weeks while I get it freshened up and polished and maybe drop some 4:11's on it while I'm at it.. I'm gonna let you hand me my own ass with the 6.0. **** it. I'm still gonna hit the skinny with what I got while I'm there.

07warwagon

Full Access Member
Reaction score
why are we racing our big ASS hoe/kon/burbs/and lades

Max

Mile High
Reaction score
Bunch of lifted F-250s, especially the 6.0s. New dodge rams, new tundras, new body escalade, lots of jackasses with my body style yukons/escalades on big wheels. Altitude kills n/a engines up here so I'm alot faster than most trucks after the tune and longtubes. Can't wait til she runs 12.99 up here at altitude.

Mr45

Full Access Member
Reaction score
My Tahoe is not a racecar.

Back in the day when my daily driver was a 240hp MG B GT I took on anything and everything. That damn thing was a fast as all hell beat up looking sleeper.

6Gears

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Don't get me wrong, I LOVE my Denali, but my duramax will whoop its ASS! We went to the lake today and I got to mess with a (I assume) stock 2500HD on some 2 lanes from stoplight to stoplight. I was pulling my 5000lb boat and kept gettin him by a truck length from stoplight to stoplight! He was loving it and pulled up when I got in the turn lane and laughed and gave me the thumbs up. I probably have more mods than most, and my trans is REALLY holding me back, but it is a blast to drive! 421 RWHP on the mustang dyno. If I ever get the trans built it will go over 500rwhp on a bigger tune. I have not had the Denali long enough to beat anything with it, but but the D-max has a few impressive kills:

1) new mustang GT
2) a couple of dodge cummins
3)all kinds of idiots in dodge hemis
4)lots of ricers
5)durango R/T

Max

Mile High
Reaction score
Because my 6000lb truck is faster than a shitload of import **** running around. Plus I like scaring people with my loud ass v8.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
elfro