What did you do to your 2015-2020 K2XX Tahoe/Yukon Today?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Pockets

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Just washed it after 4 days of stright rain. It don't help I live 1/2 mile from a dirt road where these county ass ppl sling mud everywhere.....

sevTahoe

Reaction score
Wow! The black out over the window chrome looks great. How and where did you get this done. Please share. Thanks!

My favorite profile shot I've seen of a '15 tahoe yet, looks way better without that chrome trim and tinted. Do you plan on wrapping the the chrome in the grill as well? Please say yes

Thanks guys. I knew from the moment I was considering the vehicle that the window chrome had to go. I didn't want to get too crazy with a black out, just wanted the truck to have the clean, sporty, aggressive look that it deserves. For all the people out there hating the 15's, let me tell you, it is one fantastic vehicle, well worth every dollar of their higher price tags!

Back to the point, I waffled between vinyl wrap or plasti-dip on the chrome trim, and ultimately went with vinyl wrap to ensure consistency and a professional application. I would think that any quality vinyl wrap shop can do the job. I went with matte black and it matches the rails and the sidestep trim perfectly (and looks factory). I did, however, go ahead and plasti dip the bowties myself, which came out perfectly.

jymugyma.jpg

I don't plan to do the chrome on the grill because I opted to buy an LT specifically because I think the grill looks much more balanced and aggressive than it does on the LTZ--the latter has way too much chrome on it.

The only thing left for me is if I want to touch the rims or not. My options are to throw some nice 22's on there or to spray the stock wheels black or anthracite. I'm one who likes to keep the vehicle as close to factory as possible, with just a few subtle enhancements. I'm not a fan of chrome or polished aluminum, but I have to admit when the car is washed the rims do look quite nice as they are. Would love your opinions.

I hope this helps!

2015 Black Tahoe LT

Steve1081

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Looks great. What did the vinyl cost?

I love it on the black. I'm debating how it would look on my iridium. At least with vinyl it is easy to go back.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

sevTahoe

Reaction score
Looks great. What did the vinyl cost?

I love it on the black. I'm debating how it would look on my iridium. At least with vinyl it is easy to go back.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I think it would look great on all colors. This job cost me $250 (although I received another quote for $400).

Reels

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Just washed it after 4 days of stright rain. It don't help I live 1/2 mile from a dirt road where these county ass ppl sling mud everywhere.....

:challenge:

Last edited:

J222

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
sevTahoe, I have the same exact Tahoe as you and yours looks awesome! I'm definitely going to look into vinyl wrapping the chrome trim. Do you have anymore pics?

sevTahoe

Reaction score
Pro job at a vinyl wrap specialty shop. Not sure what brand they used.

J222

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Looks really nice, I'm getting mine tinted today so I will see how much of a difference that makes. Thanks again for posting.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rick3645