What blocks and shocks?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

HotCarl

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Guys, I know this has been gone over many times, but I feel my question varies a little bit from others I have searched...

I want a smallish lift, wont be doing much wheelin, but when the time comes for new tires I want to get some biggerish ones and have the hoe have a good lookin stance too.

I measured the front and back wheel wells, rear is 32.5 " from the pavement, front is 33.5" I am going to put in 2" blocks in back, and crank the torsion bars 1". From reading and searching other threads, I have a good idea how to put in blocks and crank the keys, except people say don't let them rest on the "bump stops" or similar to that, what does this mean?

Next- I am in need of new shocks, as it has been about 75k miles since they were replaced so I want to do the blocks, key crank and shocks all at one time. If I go with the 2" block and 1" crank, how long of shocks do I need?
I am having a tough time finding the stock specs for shocks, and was looking for some input on length, type, and brand...

purple 'hoe

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Block wise, make sure to get steel blocks. Brand wise, look at Superlift.

For shocks, I'd get shocks for a 2inch lifted vehicle. If you're willing to spend a good amount, look at Bilsteins.

the big blue bus

Full Access Member
Reaction score
i got 2inch rough country on mine and the bilsteins that we put on few years ago. ive got rake though it not level.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
agmanw8n