What are your must-do things on new-to-you gmt900?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

FasterBass

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Didn't think this would be such a big deal but do yourself a favor and upgrade/replace your seat foam. Mine was beat and lopsided. Didn't realize how much it affected my enjoyment of the truck till I replaced mine! Of course all the usual fluids, plugs, wires, etc, but this one surprised me.

OP
OP
M

m1dn

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Didn't think this would be such a big deal but do yourself a favor and upgrade/replace your seat foam. Mine was beat and lopsided. Didn't realize how much it affected my enjoyment of the truck till I replaced mine! Of course all the usual fluids, plugs, wires, etc, but this one surprised me.
Yup, that’s on my todo list, my ****** can feel the slide on the left, i even posted about it sometime ago hahaha.

Where did you get the foam for it?

Trey Hardy

8” fabtech icon coilovers uniballs 24x14on35/15.50
Reaction score
Just got myself 08 Yukon XL Denali with 130k miles, picking up in few weeks.

What are your must do recommendations when getting these used trucks?

I’m planning on going down regular oil change, filters and have shop check suspension.

Anything else i should include right away, such as tranny oil?
As far as I’ve read the 08 6.2 doesn’t have DoD, so won’t need to disable this.
What about fuel/oil treatment, anyone adds anything regularly? I liked to throw in some MMO on occasional fuel ups and oil changes on my older f150, not sure if it’s a good idea with 6.2 since it takes premium fuel?
Mmo solved my dod lifter issue at 300,000 miles! It’s good stuff I use it for the extra quart now and moved up to a thicker weight 10w40

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
GeorgeC