What? An EV Tahoe?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Doubeleive

Wes
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Um what ? They already track everything you do with your cell phone and social media. Yeah gas tax is a thing but they could just make a electric tax. Electric cars are extremely simple. iCE vehicles are much more complex. If anything we are going backwards from a tech standpoint.

Not sure what point you are trying to make.
vehicle tracking and command and control will be a whole new thing in addition to what they already do and it will be monetized for advertising as well, hey stop by our restaurant (as you cruise by) in a public emergency they can just shut everyone down, close off a area, you name it all "electronically".
think a covid lockdown was bad, just wait....

GlockandRoll

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
vehicle tracking and command and control will be a whole new thing in addition to what they already do and it will be monetized for advertising as well, hey stop by our restaurant (as you cruise by) in a public emergency they can just shut everyone down, close off a area, you name it all "electronically".
That can already shut your vehicle down right now through OnStar, and can listen to your private conversations, even if your phone is turned off.

DuraYuk

Full Access Member
Reaction score
All new vehicles are tracked. Most can be shut down remotely . Idk i may be one of the few people who enjoyed the lockdown. Got to spend time with my family catch up on things around the house. It was only a month anyways. Hell I could use a lockdown a few times a year lol.

Doubeleive

Wes
Supporting Member
Reaction score
that stuff can be disabled currently, but it's going to get out of hand. I am not being an alarmist I am more a "realist". these are just things that we are going to have to deal with going forward. I am doing nothing wrong and therefore don't really care but it's going to suck in certain circumstances. I also think it's going to take a long time to get there maybe even after I am dead gone
my other thoughts are electric cars are going to put a lot of people out of work and out of business

DuraYuk

Full Access Member
Reaction score
that stuff can be disabled currently, but it's going to get out of hand. I am not being an alarmist I am more a "realist". these are just things that we are going to have to deal with going forward. I am doing nothing wrong and therefore don't really care but it's going to suck in certain circumstances. I also think it's going to take a long time to get there maybe even after I am dead gone
my other thoughts are electric cars are going to put a lot of people out of work and out of business
Nothing to worry about. People said the same thing about computers. Change scares people. But society and economies adapt and over come.

Summajet

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I am all for technology also but only it it has the bugs worked out first. GM can barely regulate electric voltages in their cars now. Good example of issues one will face is 2018 Malibu, electrical sensors constantly fail and car goes into safe mode. Until better ranges can be achieved when towing I prefer to use the ice in my yukon. Unfortunately the current clowns in Dc believe it will work. The grid cannot handle the load and it will show that as more are placed on the system. All of the manufacturers will switch and force this onto consumers as the Gov't will convert the ice fleets to EV.

The Uk know a this as they are having issues of diesel shortages and trying to stock firewood for the winter months. Germany is increasing the size of a coal mine and removing some wind turbines about 20 plus years old for coal mining. The war in Ukraine has exposed it not working and they are scrambling to keep people with power and heat during the winter months.

Meanwhile in Gotham City the clowns don't care about anything but themselves and continuing with their failed energy policies.
Do you really trust this guy having 46 years in the Senate and only accomplishing a failed Amtrak? Come on Man...

I can gas up my ice yukon in 10 mins. And get back on the road. I see on some other sites the people drinking the punch and trying to say things like,

The 40min charge allows them to eat, stretch and relax before getting back on the road.

I enjoy going on trips and if I see something scenic in the mountains i can stop. If not I can drive to the place for the night.

DuraYuk

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I am all for technology also but only it it has the bugs worked out first. GM can barely regulate electric voltages in their cars now. Good example of issues one will face is 2018 Malibu, electrical sensors constantly fail and car goes into safe mode. Until better ranges can be achieved when towing I prefer to use the ice in my yukon. Unfortunately the current clowns in Dc believe it will work. The grid cannot handle the load and it will show that as more are placed on the system. All of the manufacturers will switch and force this onto consumers as the Gov't will convert the ice fleets to EV.

The Uk know a this as they are having issues of diesel shortages and trying to stock firewood for the winter months. Germany is increasing the size of a coal mine and removing some wind turbines about 20 plus years old for coal mining. The war in Ukraine has exposed it not working and they are scrambling to keep people with power and heat during the winter months.

Meanwhile in Gotham City the clowns don't care about anything but themselves and continuing with their failed energy policies.
Do you really trust this guy having 46 years in the Senate and only accomplishing a failed Amtrak? Come on Man...

I can gas up my ice yukon in 10 mins. And get back on the road. I see on some other sites the people drinking the punch and trying to say things like,

The 40min charge allows them to eat, stretch and relax before getting back on the road.

I enjoy going on trips and if I see something scenic in the mountains i can stop. If not I can drive to the place for the night.
Yeah this is a automotive forum. No need for politics.

War in Ukraine showed you need to be energy independent. Green energy can accomplish that.

Solid state batteries have charging times of 10mins or less. Many of the current evs have fast charging 30 mins or less.

Europe is getting squeezed by Russia. Has nothing to do with green energy policies..

Anyways wish you luck man..

Doubeleive

Wes
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Nothing to worry about. People said the same thing about computers. Change scares people. But society and economies adapt and over come.
A electric car is a computer, computers have wiped out entire industry's and changed society and are still hard at work taking more jobs

GlockandRoll

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
A electric car is a computer, computers have wiped out entire industry's and changed society and are still hard at work taking more jobs

EVs are actually much less mechanically complex than ICE vehicles are. Both have computers, and both could theoretically be shut down remotely.
Both could be re-programmed to disable that feature, pull the transceiver/daughter card out, etc.

You are kind of stretching in your complaints about EVs, when it's very easy to be objective and say why you don't like them.
Just stick to the facts:
1. They are incredibly expensive.
2. You have range anxiety (which is real).
3. You worry about the risk of a battery fire. (Even though it's MUCH less likely for an EV to catch fire than an ICE vehicle, the fact remains that it is much harder to put them out.
4. You worry about charging availability/infrastructure.

Doubeleive

Wes
Supporting Member
Reaction score
EVs are actually much less mechanically complex than ICE vehicles are. Both have computers, and both could theoretically be shut down remotely.
Both could be re-programmed to disable that feature, pull the transceiver/daughter card out, etc.

You are kind of stretching in your complaints about EVs, when it's very easy to be objective and say why you don't like them.
Just stick to the facts:
1. They are incredibly expensive.
2. You have range anxiety (which is real).
3. You worry about the risk of a battery fire. (Even though it's MUCH less likely for an EV to catch fire than an ICE vehicle, the fact remains that it is much harder to put them out.
4. You worry about charging availability/infrastructure.
I don't really have any anxiety's about them other than we do get out and about quite a bit and I can drive 20-30 minutes from here and there is practically no services, electric or otherwise in that respect there is a range issue of quit simply it won't make it that's not a anxiety it's a reality. So for around town one may be fine. My electric bill is already crazy high in fact it's the highest bill in my household beside what I pay for rent, it remains to be seen if it would really be any cheaper to charge it from home cost versus about $400 a month on gas that I typically spend. that is excluding initial cost of the vehicle I certainly would not go out and buy one for $60-80-100k+ just to save a few bucks on gas cost around town that's idiotic thinking, i am mostly looking at it from a broad viewpoint as a whole, the infrastructure is not there for it. the cost of installing a high capacity charger for public use is $100k plus, the permit process to even get it done is byzantine, nobody wants to work still.
I don't hate nor like them I just don't think it's being approached properly, regenerative power should be a thing, the power to charge all these things has to come from somewhere yet to be seen. I think at some point it's going to snowball too many cars and not enough chargers.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
montanaboy65