what a headache!!!!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

screamin86

Reaction score
alright ive been running for a little more than a year with no cd player just radio since the factory one quit taking discs. well ive finaly decided to replace it. i got a really nice pioneer single din headunit i got a dash kit and the harness thats compatable with bose. well i wired up all the power wires and pluged in the rca style jacks into the hu like the directions said and i got power but no sound so i cut off all the jacks and wired it all togeather to the hu harness and i still have no sound. the chime and everything else works. im highly irritated and about ready to either say screw it and deal with no cd player or shell out the bucks for crutchfield or someone to wire it up for me. HELP

vatahoelt

Full Access Member
Reaction score
so are you still running everything through the bose amp? if so, make sure you hook up the blue amp turn on wire.

gmcjohn

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I noticed with my kenwood ddx514 that the amp wire doesn't actually match the wire from the interface. but it says in the directions where to put it.

NoPh33rRaCiNg

Full Access Member
Reaction score
so are you still running everything through the bose amp? if so, make sure you hook up the blue amp turn on wire.

x2. i had the same problem you had (but i dont have bose), i forgot to connect the turn on wire to the gm turn on wire that turned on my factory amp.

OP
OP
screamin86

screamin86

Reaction score
yeah thats exactly what i didnt do lol. i thought it was a wire for power antenna so i didnt mess with it. i found out cause i saw somewhere online i needed one of those line converters or whatever they are called to adjust the gain and it said something in the instruction booklet about it. ive adjusted it but my rear tweaters are buzzing at me and it follows the sound of the engine. im maybe thinking i dont need that box now? could i just hook up the rca jacks into the back of the head unit? thanks guys.

vatahoelt

Full Access Member
Reaction score
yeah thats exactly what i didnt do lol. i thought it was a wire for power antenna so i didnt mess with it. i found out cause i saw somewhere online i needed one of those line converters or whatever they are called to adjust the gain and it said something in the instruction booklet about it. ive adjusted it but my rear tweaters are buzzing at me and it follows the sound of the engine. im maybe thinking i dont need that box now? could i just hook up the rca jacks into the back of the head unit? thanks guys.

glad to hear you at least got it working. not sure on the rcas, since the harness i bought(pac os 2bose), didn't require using any rcas.

I noticed with my kenwood ddx514 that the amp wire doesn't actually match the wire from the interface. but it says in the directions where to put it.

double check the wires, should be 2 blue ones for both the hu and the harness. one is for the amp, the other is for a powered antenna.

OP
OP
screamin86

screamin86

Reaction score
The brand adater i got came from amazon.com it was like $50. Like i said it seems to work but i think i may have the gain settings off on that box i got i dont think the rear speakers are working other than giving feed back.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Harpo123