Went the route of a traitor

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

drakon543

Full Access Member
Reaction score
so my 97 Tahoe is about to crest past 180k and the poor maintenance from previous owners was potentially starting to show itself. occasionally bottom end noise when id go to start it in the morning. so it we decided it was time to move on. i bought a 2007 mercury mountaineer nice shape no rust at all interior is practically immaculate. 2007 version of luxury options so its pretty nice. looked at a couple Escalades and suburbans and tahoes but didnt find anything i liked. so not sure what im doing with my tahoe yet as i still have it. parts ive put on it can probably be sold separately but its still running and inspected so i mighg try to sell it.

Big Mama

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I had an 07 Explorer and liked it. It wasn’t top of the line but was a good traveler. I traded for my Yukon when I got a boat. Otherwise I’d probably still have it. Good luck

swathdiver

Full Access Member
Reaction score
so my 97 Tahoe is about to crest past 180k and the poor maintenance from previous owners was potentially starting to show itself. occasionally bottom end noise when id go to start it in the morning. so it we decided it was time to move on. i bought a 2007 mercury mountaineer nice shape no rust at all interior is practically immaculate. 2007 version of luxury options so its pretty nice. looked at a couple Escalades and suburbans and tahoes but didnt find anything i liked. so not sure what im doing with my tahoe yet as i still have it. parts ive put on it can probably be sold separately but its still running and inspected so i mighg try to sell it.

Well, once you start wrenching on the suspension and steering on those things you'll fix the Tahoe! Happy trails James and don't be a stranger, your input is needed around here.

OR VietVet

Multnomah Falls
Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
Ohhhhh, the shame! LOL! :D

Keep sharing your knowledge but now you have a Mountaineer forum to join. Hard to believe you could not find a NBS that suits your needs unless you are in a rust belt and all available were ate up.

OP
OP
drakon543

drakon543

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Ohhhhh, the shame! LOL! :D

Keep sharing your knowledge but now you have a Mountaineer forum to join. Hard to believe you could not find a NBS that suits your needs unless you are in a rust belt and all available were ate up.
mileage price options and condition all playing a part there pnw. the Escalade had the price i wanted but was too beat up for the price. suburban i looked at was nice 180k and base model and wouldn't budge from 5k. 2 tahoes nothing much to mention with those besides rust buckets. another tahoe i actually almost bought 03 160k but it was purchased before i got to it.

OP
OP
drakon543

drakon543

Full Access Member
Reaction score
How much was the 07 Mountaineer?

Plus, those guys that do the work for you may charge extra for that Mountaineer. By the way, my fingers hurt after having to type Mountaineer instead of Hoe.
just type exploder instead its just a fancy explorer. and unlikely the guy that does stuff i dont have the tools to do or the knowledge or just patience to do has been my friend since we were 15. everything usually just works out to favors he helps me with a vehicle i show up when he needs the extra muscle. plus him and his whole family are the dark side ford lovers. oh and i only paid 3800 for the mountaineer

Big Mama

Full Access Member
Reaction score
mileage price options and condition all playing a part there pnw. the Escalade had the price i wanted but was too beat up for the price. suburban i looked at was nice 180k and base model and wouldn't budge from 5k. 2 tahoes nothing much to mention with those besides rust buckets. another tahoe i actually almost bought 03 160k but it was purchased before i got to it.

How much were they running in your area? Around here I see Denalis listed around 10k with 150k or more miles. I’m thinking about selling my 07 to by a truck so I may list it in other areas where there’s a shortage.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
21 tots hoes Z71

Latest posts