Weird Electrical Issue Leaving Me Stumped

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Reaction score
Hey Y'all,

I'm back in an 04 Burb after selling my 01 Yukon XL earlier this year. I just had major surgery so I'm not able to do much work, but this truck has me stumped big time. Here's my issue.

The heated seats are weird, if my wife turns the passenger on and I turn mine on, hers goes off. Or mine will only stay on for about 30 seconds. If I press the brake pedal, the indicator light on my AWD switch flickers and goes off and when I let off the pedal it comes on. My left turn signal will also cut off or the mirror signal will go nuts and turn off. I can't find a bad ground or anything and the wiring under the dash looks just fine. It never sat to where rodents could get to it. The truck has been super well maintained and loved. It does have the adjustable pedals as well.

If anyone has any ideas on what it could be please let me know. I've only had the truck for less than a week and I'm trying to sort out the little issues.

Thank you!

Big Mama

Full Access Member
Reaction score
When you say the grounds look good are you referring to the grounds under the hood?

OP
OP
TylerHagerdorn
Reaction score
Yes the grounds under the hood. The one from the firewall to the hood was missing so I replaced that. The one from the firewall to the engine block is still attached and the one off the harness to the back of the block also appears to be attached too. Is there any I'm missing? Should I move the grounds somewhere else?

Big Mama

Full Access Member
Reaction score
If you’re able to do so take them loose and give the locations and wires a good scrubbing. How’s the quality of the battery ground cable? Corrosion gets under the rubber sheath where you can’t see it.

OP
OP
TylerHagerdorn
Reaction score
Battery ground cable is good. First thing I did to the truck was pull the rubber sheathing off and there wasn't any corrosion under there and put new terminal bolts on it and the connection is great. I can't do too much bending or anything as I just had a major surgery but it's gotta be something simple. I've heard of people moving the big ground from the back of the block to the alternator bracket

S33k3r

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Check the wire between the alternator and the battery. It isn't a ground, but I have read stories about it degrading, behind the insulation, and causing problems.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
firedog9518