WeatherTech Floor Mat fix...

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

bill1013

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Aloha Guys,

Here's a situation I had and the fix that was suggested:

Aloha,

I bought WeatherTech Floor Mats, driver & passenger side front, for my 2012 GMC Yukon SLE from Wet Okole Seat Covers, here in Honolulu, in 2015. When they were installed, along with other WeatherTech products, the sides were bent on both the driver's and passenger mats. They had just come out of the box and were warped. The mechanic said that they would flatten out and regain their shape in time. Well, they haven't. Both outward facing sides are still deformed just like when they came out of the box.

Is there any fix short of cutting the sides off? Don't get me wrong...I absolutely LOVE my WeatherTech Floor Liners! My kids have dumped, dropped, spilled and otherwise emptied countless numbers of Big Gulps, Slushies and ice cream cones on the mats and it just washes right off. No vacuuming, sopping up or nasty smells that seem to linger around forever. They are the greatest invention since sliced bread! But the deformed edges are a pain in the butt.

Several people have told me that they have had same problem and their fixes were quite dramatic. So before I take that route I was wondering if WeatherTech has any solutions to this problem. I'd like to get your take on this problem before I even consider putting my WeatherTech Floor Mats in an oven at 350 degrees for 5 minutes. Any ideas? Mahalo & Aloha!

V / R,
Bill

And here's their reply:

Good morning Bill, thank you for contacting WeatherTech.
We would recommend to try and reshape the Floorliners by using the following method: All you need to do in this case is to take the liner out of your vehicle and flip it upside down and lay it on your floor indoors. After that, take the edges of the liner and pull up on them, flipping the liner inside out so that it’s bowed completely in the opposite direction. Make sure you let the liner sit like that for at least 48 hours on your floor, then turn them back and after that they should retain the original shape and fit as intended.

If there are any questions, please feel free to contact us.

Thank you and have a good day.

John Carey- [email protected]

I took the mats, or floorliners, out and did as instructed. Of course I went totally off the wall and cleaned then with soap and water, then sloshed Armour-All Protectant all over them. I think I may have put too much on as the floorliners are now slippery as hell. I also laid them in the Sun for around two hours to soften them up a bit. But the fix does seem to work, time will tell, and it was quite simple...minus the cleaning of course. Hope this helps. Aloha!

Bill1013

P.S. Sure beats trying to fit them in an oven!!!!!

gat0r

Full Access Member
Reaction score
an oven would be interesting ( & entertaining , for us) .... a heat gun would work better (doubt a hair dryer would get hot enough)

iamdub

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'm too impatient to wait for the sun to heat them. I laid mine upside-down on a sheet of cardboard (concrete would scuff the edges) and used a heat gun to get the curves of those parts really soft, then flared them out a little farther than straight up and quickly cooled them with a blast from the air hose. No problems since.

Derick

Full Access Member
Reaction score
My drivers side weather tech mat is a mess right under the e brake pedal. Because I actually use my ebrake, it catches the side of the mat and it deforms it a bit. I took a heat gun to it a few weeks ago, and it was better for a few days but ended up just the same shortly after. I was pretty surprised how much it held up to the heat.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mistehkins