Weathertech floor liner lack of Quality

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

hobbes

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I have purchased 5 sets of weathertech liners, but the last 2 sets have been aweful.
2014 fusion passenger mat is 4" shorter than oem- I left oem mat under it cause it too short!!!!
2015 Yukon denali passenger has bowed in 2x(they sent replacement)- I do have the retainers on - they never asked
after second time -suggested using heat gun
that does not replace thinning thickness they have gone to
I m disappointed cause I have always been a supporter until now
IMG_2987_zpsccnbvbzc.jpg
image003_zpsmygcwezj.png

here is their response

Thank you for sending in the photos. To begin with the Floor Liners are not installed properly. The original carpet mat does need to be removed from the vehicle floor space to ensure proper fit and installation of our Floor Liners. Once this happens the passenger side Floor Liner will have a much better fit.

To correct the curling, we do have a pretty simple solution for this. If you take the part that is bowing outward, flip the Floor Liner inside out and put something heavy on it overnight-24 hours. The lips to the floor liner should reform to their original shape and become nice a flush. If you like, you can always heat up the edges (with a hair dryer) to help bend the liner. This allows

Last edited:

Anon2015

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yes, their product quality is suffering. Never again.

OP
OP
H

hobbes

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Sad - I used to be their biggest supporter and had 6 other people buy their producs because if my support

Jisnis

Reaction score
I noticed the same for my 2015 Denali. I purchased all the mats and the fitment just doesnt seem up to par. The fitment for my 2013 Prius was spot on and was hoping the same for the Denali.

ROCdermody

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I bought the 3 row set for my '09 Escalade ESV right after we bought it. It was my first purchase from them. I was very disappointed with fitment, but, assuming that was their level of production, never pursued it. I was going to get a set for the '15 Yukon XL, but maybe I'll hold off...

dsm1995gst

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Thank you for sending in the photos. To begin with the Floor Liners are not installed properly. The original carpet mat does need to be removed from the vehicle floor space to ensure proper fit and installation of our Floor Liners. Once this happens the passenger side Floor Liner will have a much better fit.

This would've made me crazy. How can removing the original floor mat under it somehow make the Weathertech floor mat longer?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fishcop076