Was at dealer no upgrade for Tahoe rst performance parts if I Tune I heard it still stays incomputer

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

swathdiver

Full Access Member
Reaction score
We would be happy to help with a tune. With the AutoCal you can use it to go back to factory settings when ever you take it in for service. We do everything we can to make sure there is no trace of the tune with GM's current method of tune identification. We have had no warranty issues to date. What can happen is when they have an update for your vehicle software, we have you read out the tune files and email that to us so we can update your tune.

There you go @Jorge1313 , go git 'er done!

BG1988

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I was at dealer and asked what upgrade I can get service director told me go to part to get a high performance air intake and gm will tune the computer for it . But there was no upgrade are available for rst. I was told if there was a part gm with send tune for it dealer for the part . He said it a fast Tahoe as it is but I find slow still . Wanted to do something gm part upgrade so I don’t looose warranty . Don’t want to spend a lot either . Something quick and easy .
if you want something with a bit more power
I suggest to have gotten a 6.2 Tahoe

if you have gotten the 6.2 should have bought a model 3 the performance edition is 0 to 60 in 2.4 seconds

Last edited:
OP
OP
Jorge1313

Jorge1313

Full Access Member
Reaction score
if you want something with a bit more power
I suggest to have gotten a 6.2 Tahoe

if you have gotten the 6.2 should have bought a model 3 the performance edition is 0 to 60 in 2.4 seconds
I got the 6.2 model

GTNator

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Wait! If you do all these performance upgrades some of them may impact fuel economy. Are you ok with that? I remember that was a major concern a while back.

BG1988

Full Access Member
Reaction score
It’s a risk you’ll have to be willing to take. Question is, are you willing to sink in money for headers, cat deletes, cam, upper engine work, etc. If not, an air box and a muffler isn’t worth the gamble of losing your warranty. Even with all that work, what will you gain? Remember, it’s still a 7’ tall hippo. You certainly won’t beat much on the street. Just my 2cents
he should have gotten a Tesla model 3
if he wanted power.
I got the 6.2 model
not the Corvette model

BG1988

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Wait! If you do all these performance upgrades some of them may impact fuel economy. Are you ok with that? I remember that was a major concern a while back.
that is why I opted for the Torque Economy Package.
379 hp / 472 ft-lb gotta love those dual torque motors

Each motor is 80HP/184 ft./lb(full torque at any RPM speed), plus the ICE..

if you disable the ABS Traction control and stability control you can do burn outs etc.. with it... of course you don't want to wear out the tires/ transmission and brakes which is something you don't want to do as they are quite pricey ..

Last edited:
OP
OP
Jorge1313

Jorge1313

Full Access Member
Reaction score
he should have gotten a Tesla model 3
if he wanted power.

not the Corvette model
I refuse to leave my manly hood feel in a battery powered car I want something durable. Not get stuck in a hurricane and worry about floods and electrical components in Tesla I refuse to buy battery powered cars stills. I like old fashioned school technology . I like the engine feel . For what I paid I could had bought a Tesla but no no way it not reliable no one can fix em them and most time I drive 8 hours straight .And after seeing the link in forum I doubt I’d survive if I was in Tesla it a plastic car basically . I wanted something strong durable and safe my option were h1 hummer one hummer and used brinks truck I ended up with Tahoe doesn’t draw attention as a brink truck or h1 hummer does and also it very comfortable to seat people . I have nothing against Tesla I have Freind now own them they just tell me how expensive body parts are when they hit something with bumper and it comes off they really have become to hate it. Everything is overpriced plastic . Look at link below tell me if you think a Tesla suv would have survived that accident .

https://www.tahoeyukonforum.com/thr...campaign=ed1461&utm_content=iss6#post-1334153

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Exilex2