Want to take my 2010 Yukon XL Denali with 180,000 miles for a family trip from Michigan To Florida - Can you help me make this a success!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
B

bobby2175

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Post a video, and we can help assess.
Ok, so I haven't yet had a chance to spend any time on this yet because of work, but I had the car parked in my garage - the garage is heated and was at 50 degrees. Started the truck because we were heading out to dinner...and no tick at all.

I haven't yet checked the manifold bolts or anything, but hope to get to that this weekend.

OP
OP
B

bobby2175

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Ok, checked the exhaust manifold bolts. I'm pretty sure I'm looking at the right thing, but a little out of school on this. On the passenger side, I see all 6 bolts. On the driver side, I'm missing the one closest to the firewall. Pics attached. What are your thoughts?

Attachments

• 20231202_172236.jpg
    20231202_172236.jpg
    132.3 KB · Views: 8
  • 20231202_172112.jpg
    20231202_172112.jpg
    245.8 KB · Views: 8

iamdub

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Ok, checked the exhaust manifold bolts. I'm pretty sure I'm looking at the right thing, but a little out of school on this. On the passenger side, I see all 6 bolts. On the driver side, I'm missing the one closest to the firewall. Pics attached. What are your thoughts?

Typical as it's most often the outermost bolts that break. Get >THIS CLAMP< and see if your ticking stops.

OP
OP
B

bobby2175

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Ok, thank you for all of the info. This one at the back seems like is going to get past my capabilities. I don't see myself being able to successfully remove everything you did to get access and then get it all back together.

Any good tips if I wanted to give it a try, or should I just take it to a shop?

Geotrash

Dave
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ok, thank you for all of the info. This one at the back seems like is going to get past my capabilities. I don't see myself being able to successfully remove everything you did to get access and then get it all back together.

Any good tips if I wanted to give it a try, or should I just take it to a shop?
Honestly, I wouldn’t worry about it until you get a consistent leak, which may be a long time.

OP
OP
B

bobby2175

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Honestly, I wouldn’t worry about it until you get a consistent leak, which may be a long time.
Ok, so nothing catastrophic will occur at this point? I'm thinking I may try to tackle it once I get back from my trip. If I don't have to rush into it and take my time, I'm sure I could do it.

Geotrash

Dave
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ok, so nothing catastrophic will occur at this point? I'm thinking I may try to tackle it once I get back from my trip. If I don't have to rush into it and take my time, I'm sure I could do it.
Nope, nothing catastrophic will happen with a missing stud or 3. Send it!

swathdiver

Full Access Member
Reaction score
You still rebuilding that truck Bobby? Got back a few weeks ago from mine, 3,194 miles and only popped the hood to add washer fluid and check the oil. Never had to add any oil.
Everything worked, one airbag light that resolved itself, she ran like a top the entire time.

alpha_omega

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I my case? No, didn't change a thing.
Pulled up to the pumps, put 5 gal of e85 then filled it up the rest of the way with 91/93. Saved about $5/fillup at the time. Same MPG and performance (conservative driving).
Oh you’re not running a full tank of 85, just five gallons. I missed that part.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blacksheepstuntz