Want to convert my 2016 Tahoe SSV to a PPV z56 suspension - new member

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

nomike

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
New member here,

Thanks to everyone for sharing their knowledge.

Want to convert my 2016 Tahoe SSV to a PPV z56 suspension for a stiffer/less roll over feel, PPV height, and better handling.

Anyone know:
1. part numbers needed for the OEM front/rear PPV coils and shocks
2. what other parts needed to make the conversion
3. do I need the PPV front/rear sway bar or is it the same in the SSV model?

Is there a better aftermarket solution like Belltech that would give me the PPV or Z56 type suspension or is OEM PPV parts the way to go?

OR VietVet

Multnomah Falls
Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
Welcome to the forum. What is the difference in height between the PPV and your ride?

OR VietVet

Multnomah Falls
Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
As far as I know, the SSV has the regular suspension/height a Tahoe LS would have.
In that case, I would get some great handling KYB shocks and a Hellwig set of front and rear performance bars and drive the crap out of it.

falconK

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
New member here,

Thanks to everyone for sharing their knowledge.

Want to convert my 2016 Tahoe SSV to a PPV z56 suspension for a stiffer/less roll over feel, PPV height, and better handling.

Anyone know:
1. part numbers needed for the OEM front/rear PPV coils and shocks
2. what other parts needed to make the conversion
3. do I need the PPV front/rear sway bar or is it the same in the SSV model?

Is there a better aftermarket solution like Belltech that would give me the PPV or Z56 type suspension or is OEM PPV parts the way to go?
Hi, I still have the original coils and shocks tha came with my 2015 tahoe PPV. I replaced them with civilian ones.
I can give them to you for free, just cover the shipping, or free local pickup in central coast CA.
i can be contacted ad [email protected]

guywith2015LT

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Hi, I still have the original coils and shocks tha came with my 2015 tahoe PPV. I replaced them with civilian ones.
I can give them to you for free, just cover the shipping, or free local pickup in central coast CA.
i can be contacted ad [email protected]
hey, I have been thinking to buy the civilian version too, did you had to install a computer? (magnaride thing). I wanted to know what was the cost like (both part and labor, a rough estimate would be nice), and if it rides well now.

My understanding was that the shocks that are in the ppv currently are much stronger and can handle much abuse but the passengers who sit in the back have been complaining that it's a lot bumpy. Someone told me to put sand bags in the back or install a third row (I don't know if it's possible to install a third row in a ppv) and apparently it would make it much better.

Any help is appreciated.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dvnt