Want 33's what should I do?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

shortijami

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Just got a 93 yukon and I really want to spice it up a little. I only really want 33 inch tires and I'm not planning on going any bigger since the truck will be a DD. The truck will be used mostly onroad but I want it capable offroad. I'd like to keep the factory ride as much as possible but a body lift is out of the question. I'm kinda torn between the 4 inch and 3 inch Rough Country kit but is a lift even necessary? I'm also going to get wheels, what backspacing are you guys running?

Bad bow tie

Grizz Straight FTMFW
Reaction score
I have the BFG All Terrain and love them. They perform excellent in all terrains except mud, where they pack up pretty fast. They also have good on road manners and wear is outstanding. Look at the Nitto Terra Grappler, Toyo A/T, Bridgestone Dueller A/T Revo, or even the Pro Comp A/T and Xtreme A/T, and the Mickey thompson ATZ. THese are all all terrain tires that get pretty decent reviews. You can even look at the Nitto Trail Grappler or Goodyear Duratrack, though they are a little more aggressive than your average all terrain they still look pretty bad ass. Any all terrain should do though.

---------- Post added at 10:34 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:31 PM ----------

You can run a 285/75/16 tire with only minor torsion bar cranking without any rubbing issues...if any. This should keep your ride pretty close to stock.

1weasel

Full Access Member
Reaction score
If you want to keep the factory ride, then cranking the torsion bars may make it too rough. I cranked my bars about 1.5" and have some BFG 33's with no problems at all, but the suspension is pretty stiff now. Also, look at the size of tire (width) and backspacing of new wheels, if you get new ones.

BlueTahoe2001

Full Access Member
Reaction score
X2 on the BFG TA KO's. Do a leveling kit would be your best option then buy you some good BDS On/ Off road shocks. I have them on my truck and they really helped out the ride ATON.

blackcoffee

O.G. Black.
Reaction score
I've got my torsion bars cranked in the front to level. Don't do it. The truck came like it and its rough as shit. I just like the stance.. It looks good. It's Really Rough BUT with the Bilstein HD shocks on it. I can take sharp turns going 90. It's stiff as shit and that's how you want it.

OP
OP
S

shortijami

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I don't want to crank the keys cuz of the stiff ride and I don't want a body lift because they look stupid. That's why I was thinking of getting the Rough Country 3" lift. What backspacing should I run with 33x12.5 tires?

fyremanpat

Fyremanpat
Reaction score
Forget BFG's. I had those on my last 2 trucks and thought they were great until I tried the Nitto TG's. They are 10 times better in my opinion. They ride great, they're quiet, great in the sand dirt and mud, they wear ALOT better.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MyCleftNut

Latest posts