Viper 5701 Install

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

puckhead

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Ordered mine from here http://www.tahoeyukonforum.com/forum/showthread.php?t=20070&page=4 and just got it installed. Figured I would make a new thread so I dont clutter the other one.

With everything I added it was 650 for the install. Took them just about 10 hours, said they ran into trouble with existing wiring or something. Everything is good though and works good. They did glass break, tilt, backup battery, pizo alarm, hooked something up to moniter the hood, and the transponder thing you have to get for it all to work. They also have it so my defrost comes on under 55*. Seemed a little high of a temperature but whatever, anyone know if the temp is easy to cahnge?

They also said they couldnt make my heated seats come on under a certain temp because they run on 9 volts or something. Anyone know if this is true?

I also dont like the blue led that flashes for an hour or whatever after you arm it. There a way to turn that off? If not I might paint over it with black paint or something. Otherwise I like it and it works great! Need to read through the manual again and check everything out. Sorry for the long post

mikeyboy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
wow your alarm sounds a lot better then mine i got the auto command and it does nothing with defrosters. why dont u like the flasher it makes shore ppl know have a alarm i got my led scanner on the side of my windshild

OP
OP
puckhead

puckhead

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I guess I dont like the flash because it kinda says look here, imo. I guess its not too big of a deal since it goes off after an hour or so. What kind do you have mike? And what is auto command?

DenaliAK

Colder than you
Reaction score
My LED stays on all the time, at least whenever it's armed, so you might want to get used to it....lol.

I wish my front and rear defrost came on automatically. Strangely, my seat heaters do come on automatically, and I didn't ask for that and I don't think he did anything special to make it happen (I was with a friend who did the install, and he said he could do it but it's a pain and would take too much time). So, it can be done, somehow...might just be a setting in the brain of the system.

OP
OP
puckhead

puckhead

Full Access Member
Reaction score
My LED stays on all the time, at least whenever it's armed, so you might want to get used to it....lol.

I wish my front and rear defrost came on automatically. Strangely, my seat heaters do come on automatically, and I didn't ask for that and I don't think he did anything special to make it happen (I was with a friend who did the install, and he said he could do it but it's a pain and would take too much time). So, it can be done, somehow...might just be a setting in the brain of the system.

I wonder if thats just a Denali thing with the heated seats coming on? Thats pretty much what this guy said. He could do them but it would take a while building a whole system for it

ScottL4619

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have a 5701, and my front seat heaters turn on medium when the temperature inside the car is under 32 or 30. I believe the Viper module has a temp sensor, as you can send a request with the remote to read the interior temperature and it responds back by lighting up an appropriate number of LEDs on the remote.

I was also told that it would be a lot of extra money for the heated seats...but they work anyways. I just wish I could adjust it so they come on at a little warmer temperature. I park in the garage, and it never seems to be cold enough for them to kick on.

OP
OP
puckhead

puckhead

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have a 5701, and my front seat heaters turn on medium when the temperature inside the car is under 32 or 30. I believe the Viper module has a temp sensor, as you can send a request with the remote to read the interior temperature and it responds back by lighting up an appropriate number of LEDs on the remote.

I was also told that it would be a lot of extra money for the heated seats...but they work anyways. I just wish I could adjust it so they come on at a little warmer temperature. I park in the garage, and it never seems to be cold enough for them to kick on.

I think they set mine at 55* for some reason. I gotta read through the manual and check some stuff. I wish my seats turned on just because!

OP
OP
puckhead

puckhead

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Another question for anyone who might know. I like to leave my car running if I am stopping somewhere for a few minutes. With this alarm, I cant leave my key in and lock the doors. Is there a way around this other than turning it off, locking it and remote starting it? Thanks guys!

ScottL4619

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yes, with the truck running and in park, press the remote start button on the remote. You will hear the module make a clicking noise and the green indicator will flash. Now turn the key to off and pull it out. Get out and press the lock button to lock the doors and it will stay running.

Get back in the same way you would if you had remote started it.

OP
OP
puckhead

puckhead

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yes, with the truck running and in park, press the remote start button on the remote. You will hear the module make a clicking noise and the green indicator will flash. Now turn the key to off and pull it out. Get out and press the lock button to lock the doors and it will stay running.

Get back in the same way you would if you had remote started it.

Thanks bud! Appreciate it!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
justjacks07

Latest posts