Video streaming

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Mickey_7106

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hello all,

is there a way to stream movies from my phone to the overhead tv? i tried a search but i couldn't find anything. i have an android if that makes a difference

TIA

Meccanoble

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Only way I know how to stream 'video' from phone is through a casting device. Most aftermarket dvd head units have HDMI/RCA setup that can connect to a casting device (chrome cast, roku, firestick). With stock head unit, I think you can buy an add on to stream music but not sure about casting/video. How I did it is broken down below:

Head Unit = 300-1000 depending on condition/age
PAC/maestro adapters to talk to stock speakers/connect to rear seat entertainment (RSE)/retain steering wheel controls, etc = 100-150
Chrome cast or similar = 25-60
Hotspot from phone or other device = free to 40 a month (I just use my phone hotspot for free)

adcmobile

Reaction score
Hello all,

is there a way to stream movies from my phone to the overhead tv? i tried a search but i couldn't find anything. i have an android if that makes a difference

TIA
If your phone has an adapter available that allows HDMI output, we have a cable that runs $49 that converts HDMI to analog AV (Red/White/Yellow RCA's) so you can plug into the rear screen input RCA's, then you can mirror anything on your phone (apps, games, video, etc.)

jessalynn87

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
If your phone has an adapter available that allows HDMI output, we have a cable that runs $49 that converts HDMI to analog AV (Red/White/Yellow RCA's) so you can plug into the rear screen input RCA's, then you can mirror anything on your phone (apps, games, video, etc.)

Do you sell a direct Lightning to AV cable? or does it have to be adapted through HDMI? I would love to hook my kids iPad to the RSE screen so they can stream on the TV and listen with IR headphones....help!

Meccanoble

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Do you sell a direct Lightning to AV cable? or does it have to be adapted through HDMI? I would love to hook my kids iPad to the RSE screen so they can stream on the TV and listen with IR headphones....help!

Never seen one. Iphones suck but if you had to go that route, you have to work harder. You need an extra adapter added to what the other person was selling. You need something like this item below that connects to your phone and that HDMI to A/V connects to it and then connects to car.

https://www.amazon.com/SHZONS-Compu...r=8-10&keywords=iphone+lightning+to+a/v+cable

jessalynn87

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
So it would have to be three cables total? What a spaghetti junction mess in the car. o_O

Meccanoble

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Well here is one way
So it would have to be three cables total? What a spaghetti junction mess in the car. o_O

Well that is only if you want a direct connection to put what is on phone to the monitor. The best option is what I originally mentioned which is wireless casting which I think will work with the rear monitor, most likely not the stock front, only aftermarkets can do both. You buy a Belkin Miracast or chromecast or roku and you should be able to wirelessly miracast to the screen. Miracast as in opening an app like youtube that will let you stream what is playing on your phone. Android has ability to do a full copy of the screen and show every move you make. To do that on iphone you need the 'spaghetti cable' approach. Hopefully the first option is enough for you. But just another reason why I'm not an iphone fan.

Meccanoble

Full Access Member
Reaction score
With the way I recommended, there are possibilities to hiding the cable. Someone did a setup like this recently with stock Navi. Should be a thread if you look far enough.

OP
OP
Mickey_7106

Mickey_7106

Full Access Member
Reaction score
They do make one for my S9+. i couldn't find the cable you mention on your site though