Video on the front screen?, 22 Tahoe

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

VTJoeK

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Has anyone played with the new Android OS running the 22 infotainment system yet to see if they can get movies to play on the front screen? I know the old systems had the ability to play while in park but the new ones seem to be removed completely in 21 (no android) and 22 (android). Just curious....thanks

RIZE_UP

Reaction score
Has anyone played with the new Android OS running the 22 infotainment system yet to see if they can get movies to play on the front screen? I know the old systems had the ability to play while in park but the new ones seem to be removed completely in 21 (no android) and 22 (android). Just curious....thanks
Stupid simple and works amazing. Havent found an apk to install that works yet. But this does, so seemless, I quit looking for apk.
https://www.amazon.com/dp/B09MVSCV4...t_i_F1RMDAT8F8VEJ5EZA18B?_encoding=UTF8&psc=1

OP
OP
V

VTJoeK

TYF Newbie
Reaction score

RIZE_UP

Reaction score
You have that running on a 22 Tahoe? Seems like it needs wired CarPlay to work and the 22’s have wireless CarPlay.

Maybe it does wired CarPlay also and I’ve just never tried it that way.
Works in my 2022 Suburban. I plugged into USB C in my front console just above wireless phone charger. It works as wired carplay. I haven't figured out how ro make it wireless. Doesn't load when you remote start vehicle. You have to unplug and plug back into the front console usb c. If you get in and manually start vehicle, works everytime. I just leave it plugged in and it loads up automatically. With the android based shortcuts on left side of screen, it won't over ride those in full screen. Those stay, haven't figured out how to get those off. It allows for Bluetooth mouse and keyboard to control, basically an unlocked android tablet on front screen. YouTube, VLC player for 128Gb SD card full of movies. And pretty much any app you can load. Been running it since Jan 18th, no issues. I bought thinking it was to good to be true, and planned on returning as soon as I proved it wouldn't work.... I couldn't have been more wrong. I enjoy it. Audio.is a little off with video on some movies. Having access to internet is also cool able to browse Google Chrome quickly

Gibby13

Full Access Member
Reaction score
If you have an android phone, you can use https://github.com/shmykelsa/AAAD/ works good on my 2021.

We are waiting for our 2022, I'll be interested if it would work by loading it and not needing a phone.

There are a few different devices like @RIZE_UP uses

Just a few that I have heard of before

white15

Reaction score
Do any of these work as video in motion? We take weekly trips to our Lakehouse and in my 2019 Yukon I was able to turn on an Amazon fire stick or my wife to watch on the drive I’d love to be able to do the same on my 2022 Denali that I’m waiting to pick up. We are in iPhone family so I am not too familiar with the android workings.

Doubeleive

Wes
Supporting Member
Reaction score
You have that running on a 22 Tahoe? Seems like it needs wired CarPlay to work and the 22’s have wireless CarPlay.

Maybe it does wired CarPlay also and I’ve just never tried it that way.
Anything that supports wireless carplay and or wireless android auto will also support wired.

RIZE_UP

Reaction score
Do any of these work as video in motion? We take weekly trips to our Lakehouse and in my 2019 Yukon I was able to turn on an Amazon fire stick or my wife to watch on the drive I’d love to be able to do the same on my 2022 Denali that I’m waiting to pick up. We are in iPhone family so I am not too familiar with the android workings.
Yes works video, internet, pretty much any application you want/put on it works at anytime. Driving or parked. It literally turns your front screen into a small tablet/computer with Android based os. If you have any type of casting device in the RSE it will even cast to the back screens. Nothing about it is safe for the driver to be doing, but it is pretty amazing what that little black box will do.

RIZE_UP

Reaction score
In my buddies 2020 Silverado it fills the entire screen. In a New 21 Jeep Grand Cherokee, it fills the entire screen. For what ever reason it does not over ride the left shortcut menu and go full screen in 2022 Burb. I have to find a 2021 to try it out on, but I am pretty confident it is going full screen border to border in a 21.

20220311_100939.jpg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
montanaboy65