Veterans Discount Reminder

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Reaction score
I just got an E-mail reminder from GM (probably because Veterans Day is next week) about the discount offers they have for Military Veterans. I took advantage of this discount back in November 2020 when I purchased my 2021 Tahoe Z71. The MSRP was $65,925 and I received a $3385 discount off that price. The instructions here tell you how to get the authorization number and the participating dealer will do the rest. I also got a $1000 Costco discount they were running at the time, so this all worked out quite well for me. This was before all the shortages happened and all those "market adjustments," so I don't know how well this works today, but it doesn't hurt to try. As I understand it, these are all factory incentives and it doesn't affect a dealer cut. Anyway, here's the link for anyone that might be interested. From what I see here discounts are available for Yukon, Yukon XL, Tahoe, and Suburban models. Good luck!!

Pertzbro

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thanks. I'll ask my dealer when my order comes in

TrucksNStuff

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Thanks for the info! Does it say how much the discount is? Is it the same cost as supplier pricing? I’m guessing this is in addition to the $500 military incentive they have as well

OP
OP
Thomas Schneider
Reaction score
Thanks for the info! Does it say how much the discount is? Is it the same cost as supplier pricing? I’m guessing this is in addition to the $500 military incentive they have as well
That's a good question; I don't know. Two years ago when I did mine, they had the "build-your-own" capability with this offer and you could see exactly what the discount was for the base price and each individual option, but now I don't see that capability. Maybe right now all they are offering is that $500 discount. I know several years before that they were just offering a flat $1000 or $500 military discount, so maybe they make these offers based on how the market is going. I thought I was pretty lucky to get that $3350 AND the $1000 Costco discount together!!

Shrubs2K2

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Last year I used the Friends and Family discount and they gave me $500 for military.

Reels

Supporting Member
Reaction score
My dealer said GMC wont allow the $500 Military discount with supplier discount. Not the end of the world but every bit helps.

TrucksNStuff

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
My dealer said GMC wont allow the $500 Military discount with supplier discount. Not the end of the world but every bit helps.
I talked to a salesman and he said the same thing unfortunately

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dvnt