Vapor lock?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

madmanjustice

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Had this happen twice on my 2013 PPV. I was sitting in a parking lot just idling and i heard the radiator fans kick on high, i looked at my temp gauge and it was above normal but not maxed out. The first time it happened i decided to try and nurse it back home and as soon as i started driving the temp dropped back to normal. I stopped at a parts store and bought some coolant just in case and when i popped the hood to check the coolant bottle was nearly full.

When i opened the top the system just sucked the coolant in out of the bottle. I added some more and it ran fine with no issues.

last night it happened to second time in the same situation, but this time i shut off the engine and looked at the coolant bottle, it was about half full. I loosened the cap and the system belched coolant back up into the bottle almost filling it, before sucking it all back down into the engine.

No leaks or anything like that and the truck is running fine with normal temps.

So i was wondering if I should be looking out for something.

exp500

Full Access Member
Reaction score
If no other work recently done, do a cooling system pressure test.

wsteele

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Had this happen twice on my 2013 PPV. I was sitting in a parking lot just idling and i heard the radiator fans kick on high, i looked at my temp gauge and it was above normal but not maxed out. The first time it happened i decided to try and nurse it back home and as soon as i started driving the temp dropped back to normal. I stopped at a parts store and bought some coolant just in case and when i popped the hood to check the coolant bottle was nearly full.

When i opened the top the system just sucked the coolant in out of the bottle. I added some more and it ran fine with no issues.

last night it happened to second time in the same situation, but this time i shut off the engine and looked at the coolant bottle, it was about half full. I loosened the cap and the system belched coolant back up into the bottle almost filling it, before sucking it all back down into the engine.

No leaks or anything like that and the truck is running fine with normal temps.

So i was wondering if I should be looking out for something.

When you were idling and the fans kicked on, what was the OAT?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ihaveatahoetoo