upper (back) heated seat not working

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

smittydog

Reaction score
My front heated seat back is not working. The lights work, but no heat. Same when I use the combo button (for both lower and back heat). Bottom works but no back heat.

Is there a separate fuse for just the back? And would it be after the light? Meaning the light would work even if the fuse was blown?

Other heated seats and steering wheel work.

Thanks,
Steve

ebdesant

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
My front heated seat back is not working. The lights work, but no heat. Same when I use the combo button (for both lower and back heat). Bottom works but no back heat.

Is there a separate fuse for just the back? And would it be after the light? Meaning the light would work even if the fuse was blown?

Other heated seats and steering wheel work.

Thanks,
Steve

I decided to use my heated seats for the first time too since its freezing out and my backs and bottoms not working. Lights work on the switches but no heat. When I do auto start they are supposed to heat up also. And yes they are enabled in the settings menu. Called my salesman he thinks its a fuse. My steering wheel heat works too. I will call service tomorrow and report back

jmitchell

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I see that this has been an issue on the GM-Trucks forum with the new trucks. Mine seem to be working most of the time but the last few days they seem to work only occasionally. This is not good! I run mine almost everyday in the winter. I wonder if there is a TSB out for this yet?

The level of heat that these seats put out is marginal at best. My '07 Tahoe used to put off so much heat that I had to turn them off after a while. These new ones don't get half as hot as the late model. Why would GM take a step backward in performance of these heaters? Maybe there is a way to disable the 'thermostat' element that regulates the heat level in these.

OP
OP
S

smittydog

Reaction score
I took it to the dealer yesterday. I hope they get it fixed soon.

Due to lawsuits, they had to reduce the temps on the heated seats. Sucks when all it takes is one idiot to ruin it for all of us.

Thanks,
Steve

Tinker

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I took it to the dealer yesterday. I hope they get it fixed soon.

Due to lawsuits, they had to reduce the temps on the heated seats. Sucks when all it takes is one idiot to ruin it for all of us.

Thanks,
Steve

What was the conclusion? My upper back stopped working recently.

OP
OP
S

smittydog

Reaction score
They fixed it with a new module...however, it has stopped working again....After my last oil change and seat fix, I'm not taking it back to these clowns. (Holeman motors)

Steve

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TiGrayMSM