upgrading radio in 2004 Yukon

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

jeftec

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I'm hoping I can get some help from you fine forum members. I just recently acquired a 2004 Yukon SLT. Has the factory stereo with cassette and cd. Also have steering wheel controls. Does anybody know if a later model radio that has an MP3 type jack will fit this truck? And will they work with the steering wheel controls. Thanx in advance for any help.

---------- Post added at 09:20 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:10 PM ----------

sorry about this, should have spent more time reading down the forum lists. I see there is an area for vintage Yukon's like mine. I'll try there.

NathanJax

Vacation Nathan
Staff member
Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I moved it for you

Drif10

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I went with a Kenwood unit in mine. After reading threads here, I got the unit, the wiring adapters, and mount kit all from Crutchfield. The wiring/mount cost damn near what the radio did. But now I have usb and line in plug in the face. More importantly, it has bluetooth. So I get my nice and legal hands free phone calls, even better, it streams the music off my phone. That little feature is the best damn part.

Be aware: the antenna on the gm needs an adapter to fit any non-gm radio.

Maic

15 Suburban LT / z71
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I went with a Kenwood unit in mine. After reading threads here, I got the unit, the wiring adapters, and mount kit all from Crutchfield. The wiring/mount cost damn near what the radio did. But now I have usb and line in plug in the face. More importantly, it has bluetooth. So I get my nice and legal hands free phone calls, even better, it streams the music off my phone. That little feature is the best damn part.

Be aware: the antenna on the gm needs an adapter to fit any non-gm radio.

Whats the Model # on the Kenwood and did/do you have Bose sys in the 04.?
Thanks.

04whitetahoe

TYF PLUS!(tm)
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Here's what I did - 04 Tahoe

I'm hoping I can get some help from you fine forum members.

spent more time reading down the forum lists. I see there is an area for vintage Yukon's like mine. I'll try there.

Hey Jeff,

Here's my audio upgrade thread. You might find some useful information there for your upgrade.

http://www.tahoeyukonforum.com/forum/showthread.php?t=55928

It is a good idea to do as many searches as you can to get an idea of what you want to do and then ask questions from that "base of what you know you want". If you have a budget in mind, that's good information too, because the sky is the limit when it comes to upgrades.

:boti:

Joe

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
aye_rod