Upgraded L92 injectors

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Lsnoob13

Reaction score
Whats up peeps, I've been, slowly and unintendedly, building my L92 in my 08 Yukon XL Denali. It all started off with smoke and a missfire. Now im in deep with a BTR stage 2 V2 truck cam with a 3 bolt conversion, long tube headers, VVT delete, high volume oil pump, ls6 valve springs, ls7 lifters, resurfaced heads with valve job, summit ARP style head studs, metal layered head gaskets, ls2 timing cover, k&n cold air intake, ls7 style timing chain tentioner, trinion retrofit, trickflow chrommolly pushrods, and a trickflow ls steam line pluming kit, and finally a forged rotating assembly from Texas Speed, if it ever gets here Now i may be forgetting some things. Now my goal is to have the ultimate "Dad mobile" so with all these "upgrade while im at it" thingys i thought might as well upgrade the fuel system for future "turbo" upgrades.....maybe. Then again i may just be giving myself excuses to buy things lol. I want to upgrade the fuel pump and injectors, from what ive read L92 stock injectors only provide 31lbs and support about 390-400hp. I want something that can support up to 700hp so i obviously i need to upgrade the fuel. So what do you cool cats and kittens think i should go for? Ive been looking at AFIS 85lb Hi-Imp Upgrade.....is that overkill, is there something oem i can use or is there a certain kind of injector that is common on builds i should look into? Ive also been looking at walbro 450lph high pressure fuel pump. What do you guys think?

Foggy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
You can look into the stock acdelco injectors and fuel pump that came
in the L94 engines. They are flexfuel, so they flow more overall and would be
easy to tune. Even when I added my supercharger, the kit uses my stock injectors
and pump... i just can't run E85 anymore. but that's no big deal.
I think L94 flex fuel started in 11 or 12 6.2 L

swathdiver

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Whats up peeps, I've been, slowly and unintendedly, building my L92 in my 08 Yukon XL Denali. It all started off with smoke and a missfire. Now im in deep with a BTR stage 2 V2 truck cam with a 3 bolt conversion, long tube headers, VVT delete, high volume oil pump, ls6 valve springs, ls7 lifters, resurfaced heads with valve job, summit ARP style head studs, metal layered head gaskets, ls2 timing cover, k&n cold air intake, ls7 style timing chain tentioner, trinion retrofit, trickflow chrommolly pushrods, and a trickflow ls steam line pluming kit, and finally a forged rotating assembly from Texas Speed, if it ever gets here Now i may be forgetting some things. Now my goal is to have the ultimate "Dad mobile" so with all these "upgrade while im at it" thingys i thought might as well upgrade the fuel system for future "turbo" upgrades.....maybe. Then again i may just be giving myself excuses to buy things lol. I want to upgrade the fuel pump and injectors, from what ive read L92 stock injectors only provide 31lbs and support about 390-400hp. I want something that can support up to 700hp so i obviously i need to upgrade the fuel. So what do you cool cats and kittens think i should go for? Ive been looking at AFIS 85lb Hi-Imp Upgrade.....is that overkill, is there something oem i can use or is there a certain kind of injector that is common on builds i should look into? Ive also been looking at walbro 450lph high pressure fuel pump. What do you guys think?

Talk to Randy too. @randeez

Monz11

Full Access Member
Reaction score

Nice, I'm doing the same thing, TSP stage 2, plus adding a Torque converter. Im awaiting my heads from machine shop, valve covers and timeing chain cover to come back from the powder coater. Have you thought of intake manifold upgrades?

OP
OP
L

Lsnoob13

Reaction score
You can look into the stock acdelco injectors and fuel pump that came
in the L94 engines. They are flexfuel, so they flow more overall and would be
easy to tune. Even when I added my supercharger, the kit uses my stock injectors
and pump... i just can't run E85 anymore. but that's no big deal.
I think L94 flex fuel started in 11 or 12 6.2 L
Ive thought about it but im unsure if they can support the goals im going for. I rather spend a bit more money on a one time deal. As for the pump ive read that the brackets are different and its better to change the whole tank and id have more of a hassle. Has anyone pushed the L94 injectors?

OP
OP
L

Lsnoob13

Reaction score
Nice, I'm doing the same thing, TSP stage 2, plus adding a Torque converter. Im awaiting my heads from machine shop, valve covers and timeing chain cover to come back from the powder coater. Have you thought of intake manifold upgrades?
Ive done alot of reasearch on intakes, theres a guy on YT that is a dyno master lol he tested every possible intake on cathedral port and rec port and since mine is rec port the best intakes for the power curve im looking for (down low power) he tested the ls3 stock intake and like 20 others and aside from the truck intake the others lost alot of power down low. The only one that came close was the LSXR and the LSXRT which is the truck intake from lsx but they are 1k and above and for the minimal gains over the factory intake you might as well keep your truck intake maybe port it but they are boost friendly and offer low end torque like no other so that lead me to decide if its not broke dont change it. Although its ugly it is one of the best ones that meets my criteria. I wouldnt mind having an LSXRT all pretty under the hood tho. Dont get me wrong the other intakes offered substantially more power up top at around 6500 but trade off lots of torque down low, i drive an XL and im hardly ever that high up on the rpms so i rather keep it as "usable" power.

Chert_Detective

Supporting Member
Reaction score
20200321_103709.jpg received_2411536502471064.jpeg received_236539870784188.jpeg 20200306_182543.jpg 20200301_160650.jpg

I'm running basically a full aftermarket fuel system except for the tank.

Deatschwerks 90lb injectors at 58psi base, so well over the 1000cc/min at 43.5psi the chart shows. Deatschwerks prototype drop in 415lph pump in a canister modified for AN feed and return. Rails Y together then feed the regulator and return back to the tank.

I've ran as low as 40% ethanol up to 92% ethanol and it's working flawlessly. As long as you run a return line and external regulator(bypassing or removing the factory intank one) you will be find with a large pump.

As far as injectors if you plan on running ethanol you will need a big injector. If you're sticking with non ethanol 91 or 93 then the 54lb 12609749 injectors from the L9H/L94 engine would suffice.

OP
OP
L

Lsnoob13

Reaction score
View attachment 246593 View attachment 246591 View attachment 246592 View attachment 246594 View attachment 246595

I'm running basically a full aftermarket fuel system except for the tank.

Deatschwerks 90lb injectors at 58psi base, so well over the 1000cc/min at 43.5psi the chart shows. Deatschwerks prototype drop in 415lph pump in a canister modified for AN feed and return. Rails Y together then feed the regulator and return back to the tank.

I've ran as low as 40% ethanol up to 92% ethanol and it's working flawlessly. As long as you run a return line and external regulator(bypassing or removing the factory intank one) you will be find with a large pump.

As far as injectors if you plan on running ethanol you will need a big injector. If you're sticking with non ethanol 91 or 93 then the 54lb 12609749 injectors from the L9H/L94 engine would suffice.
Dam bro thats a nice setup! That intake and valve covers are beautiful!!!!
As far as runing e85, i wont be because its hard to find where i live hell we have 91 instead of 93 lol so runing the L9h injectors should get me my 700 AWHP? Thats my goal lol for now. Also the fuel pump...do you think i can get away with an 450lph? Or is that overkill?

Chert_Detective

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Dam bro thats a nice setup! That intake and valve covers are beautiful!!!!
As far as runing e85, i wont be because its hard to find where i live hell we have 91 instead of 93 lol so runing the L9h injectors should get me my 700 AWHP? Thats my goal lol for now. Also the fuel pump...do you think i can get away with an 450lph? Or is that overkill?

Thankya, it's the FAST LSXHR. The plastic version of the carbon fiber Performance Designs manifold from the dyno shootout. I just shaved the bracket down off the side of it and did a little smoothing of the top then had my buddy do a carbon fiber hydrodip.

700 to the tire will be tough on 91. The LSA injectors, almost identical in flow to the L9H/L94, start running out of steam around ~520whp but they're boosted on e85.

For reference the basic run down on my setup is 11:1, heads, cam, manifold, big intake and tb and the FAST 50lb injectors I originally had were at about 93%idc on only ~35ish% ethanol so I ended up with the 90s. If you're wanting 700 on boost I would step up to at least an 85 to 90 and the 450lph will not be overkill. But with that combo I would go with a return style fuel system as well.

OP
OP
L

Lsnoob13

Reaction score
Thankya, it's the FAST LSXHR. The plastic version of the carbon fiber Performance Designs manifold from the dyno shootout. I just shaved the bracket down off the side of it and did a little smoothing of the top then had my buddy do a carbon fiber hydrodip.

700 to the tire will be tough on 91. The LSA injectors, almost identical in flow to the L9H/L94, start running out of steam around ~520whp but they're boosted on e85.

For reference the basic run down on my setup is 11:1, heads, cam, manifold, big intake and tb and the FAST 50lb injectors I originally had were at about 93%idc on only ~35ish% ethanol so I ended up with the 90s. If you're wanting 700 on boost I would step up to at least an 85 to 90 and the 450lph will not be overkill. But with that combo I would go with a return style fuel system as well.
Thats dope! Lol thinking outside the box with that one lol. I might end up doing the same with my truck manifold. Maybe get it shaved and do like an lsx logo lol endless possibilities with hydro dipping lol
Oh trust me i know 91 will limit me but i just wana go ahead and get something thats capable of pushing that power goal i want. Im EVENTUALLY going to throw a big single turbo on it but i just wana go ahead and get them and have them that way its not buying 2 different injectors and pump. 1 stop shop lol

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rickyrick63