Upgraded center console cup holder

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

SARNCAN

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'm confused. There's an option for a cup cooler? I don't see anything about this in the manual and have looked high and low on the internet to see if this was an option.

Some GM trucks come with a cooler under the arm rest, and the on/off switch is at the center console.

a72f4533c0078a93fb1e867c530ff3c3.jpg

09cee63926d61cfb8a2e6250c4ddeba1.jpg

1d2e9524525d819b9d9bad0adf86f535.jpg

dbbd1

Full Access Member
Reaction score
That adds a little clarity, then. The new console has the switch but you would need to add the actual cooler part too. I, incorrectly, assumed that it cooled the cans in the cup holders.

SARNCAN

Full Access Member
Reaction score
That adds a little clarity, then. The new console has the switch but you would need to add the actual cooler part too. I, incorrectly, assumed that it cooled the cans in the cup holders.
I guess they miss use the word “cup”, it is just “cooler”.
Not all cars and center consoles come with a cooler, some of these center consoles come with no cooler knob at all, and if it exists and you do want to install the cooler, you can actually purchase it.
I have it in my Tahoe, but so far I haven’t used it or feel the benefit of it since it is not a refrigerator, it just runs cool air to keep drinks cool. Might be good at travelling and field trips.
86fb5be07bbc5a32b0800ace5abaa6a6.jpg

Last edited:

TheMaineEvent

Reaction score
Thanks for the clarity! I guess it could be a neat feature on long trips, but I too was thinking the cup holders were cooled, which could be a nice feature.