Upgrade Rear DVD player

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

TheAutumnWind

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Looks like the little dvd player's eject button is no longer functioning. Its time to replace it and might as well upgrade since the darn thing is what a 6" screen?

Any cheap and easy upgrades for this?

Considering something like this:
https://www.amazon.com/dp/B001RJQHZ...olid=INDP3S1C3Z4Z&coliid=I1VFKN1E6Z56KP&psc=1

Would love to see what others experiences are with this type of upgrade.

I found this... might be helpful
http://www.tahoeyukonforum.com/threads/flip-down-dvd-can-i-go-aftermarket.15216/

Last edited:

Aaron_L

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have a similar unit in my Suburban. That is just a monitor, not a player, so you will need a head unit that plays dvds or buy a dedicated dvd player. I'm running mine from the head unit.

If you have rear climate controls you'll probably have to relocate/remove them. I removed mine, I found a Tahoe in the wrecking yard without rear controls and grabbed the harness from the rear ac unit to the overhead console. What was once the rear control panel is now in the front overhead console. No rear controls at all, and everything still works. My only complaint is that my rear view mirror is useless when the screen is down.

OP
OP
TheAutumnWind

TheAutumnWind

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have a similar unit in my Suburban. That is just a monitor, not a player, so you will need a head unit that plays dvds or buy a dedicated dvd player. I'm running mine from the head unit.

If you have rear climate controls you'll probably have to relocate/remove them. I removed mine, I found a Tahoe in the wrecking yard without rear controls and grabbed the harness from the rear ac unit to the overhead console. What was once the rear control panel is now in the front overhead console. No rear controls at all, and everything still works. My only complaint is that my rear view mirror is useless when the screen is down.

Thanks for the reply! Have any pictures?

Yeah I am aware of the lack of dvd player. I'd probably just load up a bunch of movies on an SD card for the kids. I'd rather get away from using DVDs anyways. The kids take terrible care of them and they end up scratched and useless.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ihaveatahoetoo