Universal Remote system programming

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Reels

Supporting Member
Reaction score
For some reason I can not get my Universal Remote system working with my garage doors. Pretty sure I am following the directions right. I have done it before on these doors with several other vehicles.

Anyone have any tricks or advice?

dancastro

Full Access Member
Reaction score
For some reason I can not get my Universal Remote system working with my garage doors. Pretty sure I am following the directions right. I have done it before on these doors with several other vehicles.

Anyone have any tricks or advice?
Is it a Genie? If so do your remotes have software version 2.03? (look under the visor clip) This software version is incompatible with homelink programming.

OP
OP
Reels

Reels

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Is it a Genie? If so do your remotes have software version 2.03? (look under the visor clip) This software version is incompatible with homelink programming.
It is a Genie. They do work with a 2019 GMC Sierra and 2019 Cadillac. Are you saying the new homelink is incompatible with Genie?

I have never been able to use the remote to program but using the learn button on the Genie opener has worked in the past.

dancastro

Full Access Member
Reaction score
It is a Genie. They do work with a 2019 GMC Sierra and 2019 Cadillac. Are you saying the new homelink is incompatible with Genie?

I have never been able to use the remote to program but using the learn button on the Genie opener has worked in the past.
No, homelink will work, but you cant use a remote w/ software version 2.03 to perform the 1st step of the programming.
I ran into this when trying to program a 22 Yukon & a 23 Terrain. Check out the software version under the clip of the remote. I ended up using a buddy's remote for the first step. Then I was able to use the learn button

OP
OP
Reels

Reels

Supporting Member
Reaction score
No, homelink will work, but you cant use a remote w/ software version 2.03 to perform the 1st step of the programming.
I ran into this when trying to program a 22 Yukon & a 23 Terrain. Check out the software version under the clip of the remote. I ended up using a buddy's remote for the first step. Then I was able to use the learn button
That's an interesting work around. Thanks for the tip.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
agmanw8n