Turn signal silent at highway speeds?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

d0wnShifT

Reaction score
Wanted to see if anyone else experiences this with their vehicle. My turn signal audible clicking noise silences when driving highway speeds, making me have to look and verify on the gauge cluster i actually signaled. Driving around town it sounds like normal.

B520044

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Roger that, it also happens to mine. I notice mine in town at stoplights, etc.
Every month my Yukon provides a new issue for me to investigate. I have service appointment 6 scheduled on Feb 1st, so this is added to my list.

Tonyrodz

Resident Resident
Reaction score
I wonder if there's a way to adjust the volume of the chime. You hear it in town because you're going much slower in town then on the highway. Have you looked in your DIC controls?

B520044

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Mine will begin clicking while stopped at light (as it should), then the audible clicking just stops and the green indicator light continues to blink. I assume the turn signal continues to flash and its only the audible tone that stops. It only does this intermittently, so I don't think it's volume control related.

OP
OP
D

d0wnShifT

Reaction score
I wonder if there's a way to adjust the volume of the chime. You hear it in town because you're going much slower in town then on the highway. Have you looked in your DIC controls?
I looked, couldn't find any options. And it's definitely quieter at highway speeds not just the louder environment.

RugbyRef

Reaction score
I know this is an old thread, but I was driving our Yukon yesterday and noticed the intermittent signal sound as well. I almost came to the conclusion that it was programmed to turn off (sound) if you were stopped for a period of time at a light or a stop sign to mitigate the metronome quality of the sound. But...that wasn't so. The sound came back on a few seconds later.

Gremlins...

hustleje12

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I too have had this issue pretty much since day 1 of purchasing our 2021 Tahoe Premier in October 2020. I mainly notice it when stopped at a light though, not at high speeds. It will click on and then go silent for up to 5 seconds before clicking again. It’s weird. Just another issue to add onto the numerous others we’ve had to address since purchasing this vehicle.

TrueAt1stLight

Full Access Member
Reaction score
My 21’ Denali has left turn signal intermittent muting randomly, for the 19,*** of ownership but the 22’ I just bought and drove 789 miles home has been solid. Seems to be a 21’ issue? Anyone with a 22’ have this issue?

Just50

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I've actually noticed mine will only make a noise once or twice and then no noise at all. And nothing at highway speeds.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
22loweryak