turbo tahoe dyno pulls

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

NORCAL SS

SUV SUSPENSION GURU
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
seeing where the power band is on that truck 12.80s im going to say

OP
OP
THE-HOE

THE-HOE

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Wow, sorry for resurrecting a pretty old thread, but I just cam across this and felt bad that I never checked back in and answered people

nice hoe man. What gears are you running??
It has stock 3:73 gears with a Detroit true track

foreverfalcon40 -- Speechless...sounds so mean!
Glad you are up and running!
LOOK FOWARD to seeing your videos! My favorite VIDEO of all time is you whippen around those turns in the HOE...she is just gorgeous and I ADMIRE YOUR WORK!
What is your automotive knowledge history...straight grease monkey or you got some skoolin in ya?

Well my grandpa was a mechanic, and owned his own shop so my dad followed his footsteps, so naturally when i was 13 I started working for him just doing little stuff around his shop. Then I got more into the Performance aspect of it once I moved to Exton PA and attended UTI. Its been 5 years since I graduated from that and I just keep putting every penny I make into the-hoe, even though she keeps breaking on me..

swtz71----that's a bad ass hoe man... was it a lot of fab work for the turbo?
No, not alot It is pretty straight forward once you have the log and downpipe everything else is pretty simple.

Again sorry for bringing back such a oldie.

Tahoewhat

Ballin' on a Budget
Supporting Member
Reaction score
When you chime in, its never an oldie, love your tahoe. Still waiting for new vids. lol

2toneblown

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
what turbo set up do you have on there? Front or Rear mount and what size? I kinda would have expected higher #s on the dyno. not bashing so please dont take it that way

OP
OP
THE-HOE

THE-HOE

Full Access Member
Reaction score
When you chime in, its never an oldie, love your tahoe. Still waiting for new vids. lol

Thanks man, sooooooon

what turbo set up do you have on there? Front or Rear mount and what size? I kinda would have expected higher #s on the dyno. not bashing so please dont take it that way

Well its a front mount, its a masterpower 76mm with a t4 flange. I also expected higher numbers, but oh well. i will put up a speedo video soon. Ill be putting the tranny back in her tonight, long story short I havnt even drove it after I got it back from the dyno months ago.

2toneblown

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
With the stock 6.2 and 76mm turbo @ 9#s through awd and 6l80e I made 550 to the ground. That's why I think it's a little low. Just seems like it's missing something somewhere.

grayhoe00

Full Access Member
Reaction score
update on this truck with pics and more videos would be AWESOME!!!!!

Tahoewhat

Ballin' on a Budget
Supporting Member
Reaction score
he posted a vid on youtube, forgot what it was about, think dyno tune. but that was a while ago.

ATL

Full Access Member
Reaction score
With the stock 6.2 and 76mm turbo @ 9#s through awd and 6l80e I made 550 to the ground. That's why I think it's a little low. Just seems like it's missing something somewhere.

what is the compression on the new 6.2? with his lq9, compression becomes an issue with boost. a lq4 couldve made more power bc it could handle more boost with its lower compression

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MyCleftNut

Latest posts