Tune voided my Yukon warranty

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Javie

Full Access Member
Reaction score
what did you get flagged for? had to be something obviously illegal and something the cop saw while having you stopped that required you to go for a inspection. there are car meets 2 block's from me all the time I see them pulling guys over and looking for obvious violations. i.e. no cat's, no 02 sensors, etc.
Oh wow that's pretty scary! Yeah you're absolutely correct on the illegal part. My tahoe was randomly given a visual inspection and found a catless y-pipe .

Shunto

Full Access Member
Reaction score
If you aren't successful fighting for warranty coverage, I'd look at this as an opportunity. Say goodbye to your dealer and have your vehicle towed to a reputable performance shop. At that point you can buy a performance crate engine and build / tune to your liking.

So far i like this idea the best.
As for me.. I'd beware of the "guy in town" Go to someone reputable.. and from what i hear and see BB seems to be the only place I'd go.

Doubeleive

Wes
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Oh wow that's pretty scary! Yeah you're absolutely correct on the illegal part. My tahoe was randomly given a visual inspection and found a catless y-pipe .
random? did you pull over for one of those portable inspection trailers? those are voluntary only you do not have to go thru the inspection if you don't want to.

findog78

Reaction score
So far i like this idea the best.
As for me.. I'd beware of the "guy in town" Go to someone reputable.. and from what i hear and see BB seems to be the only place I'd go.

On the subject of reputable tuners, are there any recommendations near Seattle/Puyallup WA?

findog78

Reaction score
I googled blackbear and understand better. I thought you guys were talking about a drive up tuner service with shop or dyno. They are located in Coeur D' Alene ID. I called and left a msg. Before I could finish the email questions form on their site the guy called me back in person asked how he could help. I told him my issues and he explained the mail in ECM service and the AutoCal procedure. I was hoping for a local drive in service so there was no error on my part but process seems pretty simple.

Doubeleive

Wes
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I googled blackbear and understand better. I thought you guys were talking about a drive up tuner service with shop or dyno. They are located in Coeur D' Alene ID. I called and left a msg. Before I could finish the email questions form on their site the guy called me back in person asked how he could help. I told him my issues and he explained the mail in ECM service and the AutoCal procedure. I was hoping for a local drive in service so there was no error on my part but process seems pretty simple.
I knew they were up there somewhere thought it was Washington, blackbear does do in person tuning (they travel and do it in various city's) but you have to check there calendar and try to catch one near you. I used to live up there right by the Hood Canal bridge beautiful country. We had a real nice view of the Bangor sub base. Hop, skip and ferry ride away from all kinds of places lol

drakon543

Full Access Member
Reaction score
random? did you pull over for one of those portable inspection trailers? those are voluntary only you do not have to go thru the inspection if you don't want to.
alot of states are pretty lax on the getting pulled over for nothing then the cop finds something stuff. if its the exterior of the vehicle including the undercarriage a cop can technically look without your permission. especially since most people that remove thier cats dont even try to hide it so it can be spotted with just a glance. some states its basically just listed as probable cause but left blank so its left up to the officer to decide what probable cause is. if a cop hits his lights to pull you over regardless you have to pull over it doesn't matter why they want you to pull over. if he doesn't ticket you for anything there's nothing to fight besides hes being annoying.

Doubeleive

Wes
Supporting Member
Reaction score
alot of states are pretty lax on the getting pulled over for nothing then the cop finds something stuff. if its the exterior of the vehicle including the undercarriage a cop can technically look without your permission. especially since most people that remove thier cats dont even try to hide it so it can be spotted with just a glance. some states its basically just listed as probable cause but left blank so its left up to the officer to decide what probable cause is. if a cop hits his lights to pull you over regardless you have to pull over it doesn't matter why they want you to pull over. if he doesn't ticket you for anything there's nothing to fight besides hes being annoying.
the trailer i was referring to is a California thing, they have mobile smog inspection stations, they use them to inspect random cars to be sure the state is staying within the c.a.r.b. guidlines, however the inspections are voluntary if you get flagged by an officer to pull into the inspection area. Other than that ya if your running headers and straight pipe and your exhaust note can be heard 5 blocks away and you happen to pass by a cop there going to pull you over. The only thing allowed here is short headers, if you have a pre-74 (I think, I forget the exact year they exempt) then you no longer have to get inspected and you can do pretty much whatever you want with it, even so you have to stay be below the xxxdecibal sound allowed.

drakon543

Full Access Member
Reaction score
the trailer i was referring to is a California thing, they have mobile smog inspection stations, they use them to inspect random cars to be sure the state is staying within the c.a.r.b. guidlines, however the inspections are voluntary if you get flagged by an officer to pull into the inspection area. Other than that ya if your running headers and straight pipe and your exhaust note can be heard 5 blocks away and you happen to pass by a cop there going to pull you over. The only thing allowed here is short headers, if you have a pre-74 (I think, I forget the exact year they exempt) then you no longer have to get inspected and you can do pretty much whatever you want with it, even so you have to stay be below the xxxdecibal sound allowed.
well that just sounds annoying as hell anyway you look at it. glad i dont live in cali.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sowegatahoe87